PDA

View Full Version : Lower Radiator Hose B-swap

Legend_master
01-26-2006, 04:39 PM
What did all you guys use to make the bigger integra lower radiator hose work with the smaller accord radiator ports. My rig job is not cutting it anymore and I need to know how you guys did it on yours. Let me know ASAP.

Hash_man_Se_i
01-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Ya i'd like to know this too, definately one thing I have been wondering about is what rad hoses to use.

Accordtheory
01-26-2006, 10:36 PM
I just ordered a set of hoses for an ls, so I'll be in your predicament shortly..

Legend_master
01-26-2006, 10:47 PM
well I talked to steve and he told me just to tighen down the clamp really hard. Well it worked and I havent had any leaks just yet. I used an LS lower radiator hose and the Accord upper radiator hose. As for the IN/Out Heater hose I just used the accord ones.

Accordtheory
01-27-2006, 10:54 AM
random curiosity..where is your fan switch? Mine will be in the lower hose.

Legend_master
01-27-2006, 11:00 AM
random curiosity..where is your fan switch? Mine will be in the lower hose.

I am using the factory switch and wireing.

Accordtheory
01-27-2006, 11:25 AM
never mind.. I'm retarded, you're using the factory radiator. I have the little civic one, it has no provision for that switch

Legend_master
01-27-2006, 11:29 AM
never mind.. I'm retarded, you're using the factory radiator. I have the little civic one, it has no provision for that switch

I have been looking into new radiators, but the accord one cools it more then it would ever needed to be cooled. The needle only rises about 5-10% of the way up.

racetek82
01-27-2006, 01:35 PM

Use the fan switch on the thermostat housing of your B-series motor.

Accordtheory
01-28-2006, 12:38 PM
I have been looking into new radiators, but the accord one cools it more then it would ever needed to be cooled. The needle only rises about 5-10% of the way up.

That's weird, the thermostat should maintain the temperature of your engine regardless of the temp of your radiator, provided the radiator is cooler than the engine. In other words, you can never have too big of a radiator. What temp is your thermostat, is it legit?

racetek, there is no provision for the switch in my thermostat housing. The factory switch is on the back of the block, but now my knock sensor is there. When I installed the civic radiator, I just spliced in a pipe with a nut that the switch screws into into the lower hose.

Legend_master
01-28-2006, 01:22 PM
That's weird, the thermostat should maintain the temperature of your engine regardless of the temp of your radiator, provided the radiator is cooler than the engine. In other words, you can never have too big of a radiator. What temp is your thermostat, is it legit?
racetek, there is no provision for the switch in my thermostat housing. The factory switch is on the back of the block, but now my knock sensor is there. When I installed the civic radiator, I just spliced in a pipe with a nut that the switch screws into into the lower hose.

Well I am running a low temp:eek5: thermostat. As for the the sensor question. It looks as thoguh you swapped an LS motor in yours temporaraly and that motor dosent have the sensor on the thermostat housing. The GSR should have one on there depending on the year.