PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Problem!

murphaccord88
01-27-2006, 06:56 AM
big problem! My friend and we were putting in my system ( which sounds good as hell) and everything was fine. We mounted the capacitor on the driver's side in the trunk on the plastic piece. The other day on my way to school, my brother told me that my brake lights were not working, i was like damn it. So... i checked the fuses. Not the fuses! I checked the tail bulbs, not those either! All my other lights work, and the tails work when the parking lights are on. they dont work when i press the brake tho. I'm lost, could my system had shook anything loose? I'm getting ready to replace the Brake Master cylinder (routine maintence) does it have anything to do with this either? what about the capacitor? maybe into the brake wiring harness?

FyreDaug
01-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Well first of all this has nothing to do with carbs, so its in the wrong section.

Try disconnecting the whole system to see if something is interfering?
Then check the continuity of the brake pedal switch

Bglad420
01-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Check for a ground.....

HondaBoy
01-27-2006, 11:16 AM
dont know if you touched the horn at all, but that is actually tied into the brake lights. if the horn is disconnected at the fuse it would make the brake lights not work. give that a check.

murphaccord88
01-30-2006, 06:05 AM
yea, the horn really isn't working either. so, would it be in the fuse box inside or outside? nevermind.......found the problem...loose wire!