PDA

View Full Version : TW Sensor Question

DBMaster
01-27-2006, 05:51 PM
OK, here is a good one for the expert troubleshooters here. I have intermittent cold start issues. I get an intermittent code 6 (coolant temp sensor). My FI engine has TWO sensors. I have figured out which one should be the problem. There is one with a green plug and one with a gray plug. The gray plug is the one in question because when I pull the plug the engine light comes on right away, plus the voltage at the plug is 5 volts, as mentioned in my service manual. The other one (green plug) gets 12 volts and is called a "Thermo SW A-108" in the shop manual, but I can't find the page where it tells what this one actually DOES.

Does anyone know?

DBMaster
01-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Well, I actually figured it out! The green connector goes to the sensor that turns the condensor fan on for 15 minutes when the engine is off and above 226 degrees. It activates the condensor fan relay. That is why there was 12 volts on the wires and infinite resistance at normal operating temp.

Now I just need to replace the coolant temp sensor.

I would have just deleted this post, but I though possibly someone could benefit from my stumbling around. Have a nice weekend!