PDA

View Full Version : spam?

Vanilla Sky
01-28-2006, 08:42 AM
overnight, i received an email and PM from a member pitching a fuel pump relay. the email and PM appear to be the same message:

This is a message from 88lxi4d at 3geez ( http://www.3geez.com/forum/index.php ). The 3geez owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email 88lxi4d, you can use this online form:
(URL blanked)

OR, by email:
mailto:(emal blanked)

This is the message:

1986 - 1989 Honda Accord Main Fuel Pump Relay - LOW PRICE

BRAND NEW in sealed package. This is a genuine Honda part.
Honda Part Number: 39400-SE3-003

- You will have to change it when: Car will crank, then dies quickly, and won't restart on a hot day and will start fine after cooling off. The condition will get worst over time and then your car won't start.

- I sold my car before I had the chance to install it.

- I found out from many Honda message boards that this part fails when the car has over 100,000 miles.

- San Francisco Honda sell this part for $66.81.

Go to this url to check out this DEAL:

http://nbox00.tripod.com

now, if i had implied anywhere that i needed this relay, i wouldn't really have a problem with it, with the exception of the link at the bottom that directs me to a site that has other unrelated stuff for sale.

i figured you guys needed to know about this. i posted this as a thread because there might be other people having issues like this, and i figured it should be brought up.

87accordlxi
01-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks Derek.

lostforawhile
02-26-2006, 07:19 AM
now that I think about it I got the same email/pm message,I didn't really think about it bcause I had a post on fuel pump problems or something like that,then I got the message. just replied that I had a bunch of them already,got a reply that they fail at a certain milage. if i need a relay I'll pull one at the yard for a dollar.:)

lostforawhile
08-02-2006, 03:03 PM
thanks a20a1,ya'all are on the ball today:)