PDA

View Full Version : idel screw problems

ghettogeddy
01-28-2006, 05:31 PM
so i did a search and didn't find anyone with the same problem. when i take my car past 4k rpm the idle screw backs out and when u take your foot off the gas it dies so Ive been re setting it evertime i get out of the car but it backs out evertime i go over 4k rpm so dose anyone know what i should do, i was thinking about using some lock tight and seting it like that, or could it just be the spring not holding it tight.

Bglad420
01-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Put some teflon tape(or permatex) on the threads, that will hold it tight, and if you want to adjust it later it wont be locked from lok-tite

A20A1
01-28-2006, 07:12 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46572

ghettogeddy
01-28-2006, 07:46 PM
Put some teflon tape(or permatex) on the threads, that will hold it tight, and if you want to adjust it later it wont be locked from lok-tite
ok but if i pull that screw out is it hard to get back on

ghettogeddy
01-29-2006, 06:21 PM
bump

Bglad420
01-29-2006, 06:45 PM
I dont think it would be, I havent had problems putting them in other cars....never done one on the Honda though...

A20A1
01-29-2006, 08:21 PM
He has an LX... doesn't that mean it carbed?

Oh well. The loctite and stuff comes in a tube... just screw the screw in to expose the threads and then apply the loctite with a q-tip, then back the screw out to the original position and let the loctite harden.

ghettogeddy
01-29-2006, 08:44 PM
ok so it is carbed and really hard to get to, its inside a little plastic piece and u cant even see the screw it might not even be the idel screw but it dose control the idel so i dont know someone told me i should rebuild my carb but if it comes down to that ill just buy a new one

paso100
01-29-2006, 09:12 PM
You don't need to use Locktite. Just by some 99 cent model paint from a hobby shop and dab it on the screw head where it's attached so it doesn't come loose. That way you can still screw/unscrew it when necessary and you won't mess up the threads. Quick fix and it works.

A20A1
01-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Did you read the link I gave you?

I assume you're referring to the screw at the back of the carb?
Thats the only one with the black plastic knob on it.
It's called the thorttle stop screw.
It's not supposed to control the idle, it's supposed to stop the idle from dropping too low. It's possible to set it too high or too low and you'll end up with bad idle either way.

ghettogeddy
01-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Did you read the link I gave you?

I assume you're referring to the screw at the back of the carb?
Thats the only one with the black plastic knob on it.
It's called the thorttle stop screw.
It's not supposed to control the idle, it's supposed to stop the idle from dropping too low. It's possible to set it too high or too low and you'll end up with bad idle either way.

thats what it sounds like but its a little blue plastic piece