PDA

View Full Version : A few Random questions

Shadowkat
01-28-2006, 10:28 PM
actually just 2 questions.
1) How do you get the damn knobs off the temperature/fan levers. I've read all the manuals/posts about removing the heater face plate, but they all just say "remove the knobs." My guess was just pull and pry, but those buggers won't come out. Is there a trick to this, or am I just not prying hard enough for fear of breaking them?

2)Also, is it necessary to drain the transmission of fluid before replacing my reverse light sensor? I hope to God not because I just put brand new Honda MTF fluid in after i finished my 5 speed swap, but when stripping the wires on the reverse light sensor in order to hook them up to the old auto wires, the wires just came out! So do I need to drain it or not? If i do, I might just try and save the fluid.

Shadowkat
01-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Well, I figgured out the answer to my second question. When I went to the jy and took the reverse light sensor from a car, all of the tranny fluid came pouring out. So looks like I do need to drain the tranny first.

I still need help with the heater controls, I have the button type controls, but i can't get the face plate off, please help!