PDA

View Full Version : Car battery issues with alarm

kynetik
01-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi guys,

I recently removed my car battery to clean it and charge it overnight. When I try to reconnect the terminals, the alarm keeps going off and I have no way of disarming it with the remote, because even though it stops if i use the remote, it starts right back up again. Have any of you had this problem, and if so, how did you get past this?

ghettogeddy
01-29-2006, 12:51 PM
well if ur alarm has a battery back up u might want to remove that if not then try your vallet switch (if one is installed) hit it a few times it should stop

TheWatcher
01-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Hi guys,
I recently removed my car battery to clean it and charge it overnight. When I try to reconnect the terminals, the alarm keeps going off and I have no way of disarming it with the remote, because even though it stops if i use the remote, it starts right back up again. Have any of you had this problem, and if so, how did you get past this?
Call the place that installed it and asked them what to do.

Then take it back to them, if necessary.

If you installed it, then shouldn't you know what's wrong??? (RTFM)

well if ur alarm has a battery back up u might want to remove that if not then try your vallet switch (if one is installed) hit it a few times it should stop
It's NOT battery backup. If it was battery backup, the alarm would go off after the battery was REMOVED NOT INSTALLED.

Seriously, you should post the alarm and alarm accessories you are using, whether you installed it yourself or had a PROFESSIONAL install it, etc., to help us to better assist you.

Peace.

Helen Broadus
09-26-2018, 03:49 AM
I have listed a few possible reasons for this problem. You can check them and find out what's the issue.

Malfunctioning Key Fob

The key fob is a tiny plastic controller which guarantees a secured access for a car. It also unlocks doors and jumpstarts the ignition system. You can say goodbye to the traditional locking and unlocking the car door with a key because the key fob lets you do it with the push of a button.

A malfunctioning controller can't send the signal correctly to the alarm , leading to car alarm going off for no reason. You can change the battery, reset the fob, or scan with a code reader to solve the problem.

Unclean Hood Latch Sensor
When the hood latch sensor collects much dirt from road grime and engine grease, it does not function properly. Then, it often triggers a false alarm. The detector is a powerful device that protects your car from damage and theft. Additionally, it prevents accidental hood opening. So, you should keep it clean for not only keeping the annoying alarm sound at bay but also enhancing the car safety. Use a brake cleaner and cleaning brush to clean it.

Poor Connection of the Hood Latch
If the car alarm keeps going off even after cleaning the hood latch sensor, the problem might be a defective hood latch connection. Additionally, it may set off false alarms since the sensor can't respond correctly to the provided commands. This issue can also impact the control unit, resulting in revealing incorrect readings like turning the airbag light on whenever there's not any actual issue with the airbag function.

The sensor is situated near the headlights. Disconnect it and connect it again to create the connection work. For further assistance check this (https://www.2kreviews.com/best-car-batteries/).