PDA

View Full Version : spedo cable replacement

ZackieDarko
01-29-2006, 04:12 PM
now that i look back on it i should of taken pictures..a "how to" if you will..oh well

so about a year ago i ut a bi dent in my car and when i did that it knocked loose and finally killed my already die'en spedo cable..i recently picked up a new spedo cable from a fellow member here and i just now got around to installing it

..it was FUN i tell ya...stuck cables..clips not wanting to work..tiny tiny TINY ass spaces for my hands to move around in..just a regular party man!

the hardest part was after i fed the new cable thru the hole in the fire wall (which was a task in its self) ...when you do this it doesnt feed the thing where you need it NO it doesnt it feeds it down to the pedals and you get to have the super fun time of making it go where you need it to go

where you need it to go just so happens to be up and over all the wiring and pedals and above the steering column and thru a tiiiiiiiny little hole in the back of the dash after that is a piece of cake just plug it into the back of the spedo and ur done

i guess this was more of a vent then anything cause it made me mad at how long it took to do and how badly my hands hurt when i was done and that it has rained for the last month strait nearly non-stop all day everyday and it was raining on me the ENTIRE TIME..oh well at least its fixed now

mykwikcoupe
01-30-2006, 02:33 AM
good glad to here i could help in some way. I did warn you aboout the tight spots though. Just be glad you wont ever have to do it again. Its a great learning experience also. You know now how to remove the gauges.