PDA

View Full Version : Ok, what is THIS one for?

Deadhead
01-30-2006, 08:35 AM
There is a hose directly under the intake manifold that i can't seem to get off. It looks to be under the PCV, but it goes into a much larger diameter pipe, going into a box sort of thing.

What is this for? I need to remove it because i'm taking off the intake mani and it's the only thing left to remove it. What's the best way to remove it? i've already cut one line that was a coolant line of sorts that was next to it (it was stuck on and there was no way to get a good angle at twisting the end to break it loose.) is it ok to cut this one too?

i know that i'm going to have to replace them anyway, but i just want to make sure it's nothing like the oil return line(which i know it's not) that will spill some sort of fluid everywhere.

SteveDX89
01-30-2006, 09:13 AM
It's part of the PCV system. There might be some oil in it or it may be totally empty.

Deadhead
01-30-2006, 09:17 AM
ok, so cutting it would be a bad thing then right?

bobafett
01-30-2006, 10:42 AM
i really really reallly wanted to remove all that, but im afraid to!

Blkblurr
01-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Normally it just breaks when you try to remove it. I would buy the hoses and filltings before you remove the intake so you have them when you want to reassemble your engine. They are very brittle from heat and age. The black box is a filter that the pcv hose goes to. Then a hose goes from the black box to the oil pan. That last hose is prone to leaking oil and I recommend replacing it during your intake removal.