PDA

View Full Version : Keep failing emissions.

PhyscoDboy
01-30-2006, 04:49 PM
OK, so I goto the emission place and fail. I know my way around cars pretty good, I pass everything except carbon monoxide at run speed(2500). So I get an o2 censor because my light blinked once on the ECU. I clean the plugs, I seafoam the crap outta it, change the oil, and put in super. The ECU stops blinking after I put the new o2 sensor in. I fail AGAIN. Carbon monoxide cant be over 1.20 at run speed, my first test ran 1.69 and the second one ran 1.77! What the hell?!? Please help me out you guys! Thanks.

--JD

TypeG
01-30-2006, 06:53 PM
have you cleaned out the egr ports? later

Strugglebucket
01-30-2006, 07:55 PM
you might want to try filling it up with regular. and make sure your cat is nice and hot right before you take it in.

PhyscoDboy
01-31-2006, 12:11 AM
Well I have a new EGR, but I was pretty sure that wouldnt effect carbon monoxide guess I could put it on anyway.. But I was thinking about regular gas.. doesnt burn as full, but it does burn faster. I'll try those two I guess, but if I dont pass this time im gonna dump the clutch at 7000 out of that emission place. :)

Baveara
01-31-2006, 05:32 AM
thats what i would do and i would drop clutch at 6000 i wouldn't want to fry clutch in there parking lot. and how bad did it smoke when you seafoamed it? and does it performe better

PhyscoDboy
01-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Well I put 2/3 in my oil the night before and drove all around, then I put the other 3rd in my pcv valve. Let it sit for about 10 mins and it kicked out a lot of smoke! I did an oil change with good oil and it made a noticable difference.

DBMaster
01-31-2006, 02:11 PM
CO emissions could be a catalytic converter going bad. The EGR will usually affect NOX emissions and O2 sensors usually affect HC emissions.

I could be wrong, but that is what I have learned. A friend here on 3G recommends dumping a can of Berryman's in with a fill up and make sure that you get the emissions checked with the engine FULLY WARMED UP.

L8R,

Blkblurr
02-03-2006, 07:44 AM
CO emissions could be a catalytic converter going bad. The EGR will usually affect NOX emissions and O2 sensors usually affect HC emissions.

I could be wrong, but that is what I have learned. A friend here on 3G recommends dumping a can of Berryman's in with a fill up and make sure that you get the emissions checked with the engine FULLY WARMED UP.

L8R,

You are correct. When I changed my cat my CO emmisions returned to normal

Blkblurr
02-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Before I changed my cat. I passed my emissiions test by putting some CRC in a full tank. once the tank was empty I filled up and went straight to the emissions test. I passed with flying colors. I bought it at Advance Auto and they guarrantee your car to pass.

Baveara
02-07-2006, 09:53 AM
how much is a can of seafoam?