PDA

View Full Version : My brain is having issues

kji420
01-30-2006, 11:52 PM
earlier today i decided to stop and return my new batt. i just couldnt get it to keep a charge(dont even try it, i just instsalled a new alt 1wk prior). they give me this loaner batt. and tell me 2 come back in a few hrs. this is where the fun starts, afetr connected the batt. i start my 88' LXi, but just as i give it some gas, my whole goddamn dash lights up. every acc. light, turn sigs, warning. etc... then it all shuts down. now im thinking my whole elec. sys. just took a fat shit. all kinds of fuses blown(under the dash as well as the engine compt.) i go thru and replace them only to find out its still shitting. every time i attempt to turn the car over i blow my injectors fuse(10amp) nothing, not even a 60amp fuse makes it. so ive been stuck in the parking lot of the parts store for a little over 2 1/2hrs when it hits me, ECU, its the only thing i havent checked. and what do you know, as soon as i unbolted the seat, the wonderful stench of crispy components. not a big deal, all i have to do is get a new brain rite? this is where i got confused. like i said, i have an 88' injected LXi but the comp. i just toasted is outa an 89' and by the looks of it an 89' prelude. strange shit, ive been driving my car like this for a coulpa months and havent had any probs. :wtf: anyone have explaination as to whats really goin on????

shepherd79
02-05-2006, 06:41 PM
you will need one from 88-89 accord MT or AT tranny (doesn't matter).
you can't use 88-89 prelude ECU. it wouldn't work.

lostforawhile
02-05-2006, 07:45 PM
um did you hook up your battery backwards? :slap:

leia
02-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Or maybe cuz it was ok before, the battery or alternator are too large for the car's system or something.

B16KILLA
02-05-2006, 08:01 PM
um did you hook up your battery backwards? :slap:

Thatsa what it sounds like to me.....

lostforawhile
02-05-2006, 08:08 PM
it wouldn't have made an difference,I've never heard of a stock alternator frying an electrical system before,and it wouldn't have made any difference what size battery,it's still a 12 volt battery. what he said about every indicator on the dash lighting up at one time and the computer fried like that tells me the battery was hooked up backwards,the way the diodes are wired in the dash indicators would make them do exactly what he said when hooked up in reverse. a lot of those indicators are not controlled by the computer. also a simple bad computer would have not taken out all those fuses,only a direct short to ground when the system temp became positive ground.