PDA

View Full Version : More Help for teh noob please.

Spiderldr
01-31-2006, 10:43 AM
So, I got the lower timing cover off, and everythings ready to go on except the left engine mount. I got a 14m with a 3/8ths extention on the bolts, and they striped like butter on rye. They're rounded off, so what should I do to get them off?

Deadhead
01-31-2006, 03:20 PM
oh.... uh... i think there is something you can get at the auto parts store where it has spikes on it and the more you try and loosen it, the more it tries to grip.

or you could get out the sawzall and hack away if you can get to it..

smufguy
01-31-2006, 04:09 PM
well if the nut on the mount is stripped. Then look at the mount itself. It has two bolts holding it to the crossmember. Just unbolt those using a 6 sided socket and u should be fine.

Spiderldr
01-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Crossmember?

Okay, the two bolts I stripped off are on the bridge between the two hinge thingy's. There's two more bolts holding it to the engine block and two more holding it to the body through some kind of bracket thingy. Sorry for the descriptions. I wish I had a Diagram or photo.

A20A1
01-31-2006, 07:13 PM
He's talking about a different mount.

Anywho I'll see if I can get a pic.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/Wendy_girl/mount_a20.jpg

I would try to remove the bolt circled in red, don't worry about the two bolts on the arm in yellow.
Though I dunno if the mount bracket will prevent you from lifting the motor up enough to get the belt out.

If you can cut the cover then remove these bolts.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/Wendy_girl/mount2_a20.jpg

BTW I thought our water pump has 3 bolts... why does that one have 4?

I like the weight saving mod done to the crank pully.

smufguy
02-01-2006, 06:50 AM
if you have a Ratcheting Wrench, you should be able to take it out. BEsides, how did you strip that side Mount? That bolt is hard to strip.

Mike: I dont know what kinda motor that is, but looks like its using a different kinda crank pulley and also a different kinda Alternator. Its hard to say if its just a stock alternator with a shield behind the pulley. Even the Cam Gear looks different.