PDA

View Full Version : Removing several odd Interior parts?

w00tw00t111
01-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Hey guys I'm totallly stumped!:rant: I was able to get the center console out but, I need to remove a few other interior pieces. The ones I'm having trouble with is the the
1 thing on the drivers side that surrounds the trunk release and the gas tank opener.
2 the thing on both sides that is on the sides of the back seat. Rear seat trim panel? It goes from the floor board to the window. I can't seem to find any screws to remove it.
3 Back portion of the rear seat.
So far that's all I'm having problems with i.e. everything:( any help would as usual be really really appreciated.

Entaius
02-01-2006, 02:09 PM
When I took out my back seats, I had to fold them down to get to the bolts there... I think you need a 10mm. (Maybe 12mm) As far as the little piece goes around the trunk and gas release handles, I think it's just a snap on... my friend took his out without any tools. Good luck.

Selfmindead
02-01-2006, 02:24 PM
For number 2, do you mean the door trim? Or is there something between that and the back seat? What I don’t like about interior trim is that everything is connected to something else, hidden plastic clips, screws etc... I’m not often in the back seat but next time we are ill take a look :)

mkymonkey
02-01-2006, 02:29 PM
ok to remove the back part of the rear seats

you need to put down the back of the seat. on the drivers side look where the hinge hooks up to the actual folding seat. look for a lil black plastic tab (you might need a flashlight). get some needle nose pliers and remove the tab, just a lil tug on it will come off. then push the folding seat to towards the drivers side and at the same time pull up. the whole seat and trunk carpeting will come out.

for the actual seat part

once you remove the folding part out, you will see a 10mm bolt holding the seats on. remove that and once its off pull the whole seat up and out. there is two hooks on either side of the seat which you might have a bit of a problem with, i know i did

to remove the rear 1/4 panel trim

once the seats are off, you will need to remove the plastic that surrounds the particion between the cab and the trunk. i think its just two screws and a couple plastic tabs. once thats off, around the floor of the cab where the seats where look for one screw in the middle of the trim. once thats off...just pull the whole panel off. and youre done

for the trunk release plastic trim

with a flathead screw driver remove the plastic piece that surrounds the lock part. and with the same screw driver remove the whole lock assembly. it sould come right of. then remove the handles for the levers and just pull the whole plastic piece off. its that easy

oh and youre welcome :D

w00tw00t111
02-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Oh my gosh. Thank you so much I really appreciate it! I'm still a little confused as to how to remove the back part of the rear seat though. the back seat has
_| are we talking about folding down the | part? I know a thread I read about a year ago said that theirs folded down but, mine doesn't. The | part is anchored so well that you can't move it at all. You can't pull it or anything, it just won't budge. The _ can kinda be pushed up on the sides but, it definatley takes some "finagaling" to do. And the trunk release trim the "trmi around the lock" are you talking specifically about that little plastic insert that says "lock" on it? I feel pretty stupid asking questions that are quite basic but, like the guy up there said everything is freckin' connected to each other. I'm also quite a bit surprised that haynes didn't have anything in the manual. Thanks for your help so far and a little more clarification would be awesome! Thanks again!

mkymonkey
02-03-2006, 10:14 PM
ok have you looked on top of the rear "dash"? there should be a lock that you can put your key on and it will let you pull the seats down. if you have a coupe it should have it. if you cant get it open like that, open your trunk look up under the dash and right in the middle there should be a black handle you can pull to get them open.

for the trim piece...yeah i do mean the actual part that has the word lock on it. before you can pull if off you have to take the lock cylinder out. then pull back and up