PDA

View Full Version : driver/passenger airbags in a 3g?

ZackieDarko
01-31-2006, 10:17 PM
ok did some seraching around the forum and only got results on airbags for suspension applications

i doubt anybody has ever tryed this, maybe even thought about it. does anybody think its possible to install airbags in our cars? for the driver and passenger? Somethen out of a civic or sumthen? i know new wiring and electronics would be needed ..think its possible?

discuss

Ludi Mali
01-31-2006, 10:19 PM
sounds really dangerous

HondaBoy
01-31-2006, 10:42 PM
air bag suspension inside the car or what? lol. um well i dont think that'd be really all that practical. they dont make aftermarket air bag systems that i know of. why would you want one? or two? air bags, IMO, are not real safe in a lot of applications. they are in newer cars though. i dunno, why would you want to add air bags to an old car that really doesnt have room for them? oh, and no i dont think you want to try them from another car, they are quite dangerous if you dont know what your doing. they can randomly go off when taking them off or disabling them. you would need to have a computer system that controls their functions which is usually integrated into on board computers.

and yeah i'm talking about air bags like in the steering wheel.

A20A1
01-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah, it's not just that it's in front of you but I'm sure the angle and the distance has to be correct for the bag deployment speed and size of the bag or it could do more harm then good.

ZackieDarko
01-31-2006, 10:57 PM
you guys are probablly right just thought it might be an intresting idea

HondaBoy
01-31-2006, 11:13 PM
interesting it would be.

3gn86lxi
01-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!

89se-i
02-03-2006, 10:27 PM
really really bad idea, if you want airbags you will have to get another car.

Bryan
02-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Do it if you wanna break your neck, but you shouldn't have to worry about that because you'll never figure out how to wire it, it seems like it would be way too complicated.

TheWatcher
02-06-2006, 07:32 PM
At least it's not an H22 thread. :lol:

Take everyone's good advice, just say "no" to airbags in your 3g.

Peace.