PDA

View Full Version : I'M PISSED!!! I wrecked my accord!

aerokid1987
02-01-2006, 06:05 AM
So last night I'm driving at about 10 oclock behind this slow taurus on a familiar 55 mph road. I knew that their was a passing zone ahead so I planned to pass. Anyway I start to pass and the jackass decided he didn't want me to pass, so he floored his taurus so I couldn't get past him. I was still accelerating, about 75 when a car comes over the hill in front of me. I had to slam on the brakes to get behind the idiot in the taurus and the brakes locked up and I slid of the side of the road up over a berm that ripped half of my bumper off and dented the left front fender when I slid into a speed limit sign. I was seriously mad!:rant:
So now I need both front fenders replaced and a whole new bumper. It could have been alot worse but I'm still really mad.

smufguy
02-01-2006, 06:56 AM
so u were trying to pass someone in a passing zone on an uphill? :slap:

Deadhead
02-01-2006, 08:20 AM
owned... but i do hate it when people decide to not let you pass them... been there done that.

aerokid1987
02-01-2006, 09:00 AM
so u were trying to pass someone in a passing zone on an uphill? :slap:

No, it was very flat just at the end of the passing zone the road sloped down. The car coming towards me came up over the "hill" in front of me. It wasn't a really close call, but I had to hit the brakes pretty hard cuz I was going so fast.

Strahan
02-01-2006, 10:40 AM
That sucks. I too just wrecked my Accord. Traffic stopped suddenly on 83 and I locked em up and slid into a 4Runner.

Said screw it, I'm ebaying the biotch hehe
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4609312814&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Wouldn't mind finding another 3G hatch to replace it.

FlatBlackDime
02-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Hey, sorry to hear...Glad you didn't hurt yourself or someone else...Not trying to slam you or anything...but remember what I said...you havent hit hard enough yet...please be careful man...

Bglad420
02-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Looks like you got owned by a tortise.....

my86dx4dr
02-01-2006, 11:55 AM
That pisses me off beyond extremes, I had a mazda do that to me in the celica. so i got infront of him (like he could keep up) and i threw on my brakes so hard he locked up and i seen so much tire smoke from that asshat i laughed and then did 25 in a 55 on a backroad for almost a mile with my hand outside givin the finger!

mkymonkey
02-01-2006, 12:39 PM
wow...so you wrecked your se-r killer huh....that sucks oh well time to drop in a gsr engine lol

aerokid1987
02-01-2006, 01:22 PM
HA yeah I guess its time for a new engine... And a turbo... And a whole new interior... Oh I forgot I'm pretty much broke so that ain't goin happen anytime soon.

By the way does anyone have a bumper cover I can buy??? Doesn't matter what color...

Cheeseburger
02-01-2006, 01:25 PM
dam bro what are you going to do now?

aerokid1987
02-01-2006, 01:25 PM
That sucks. I too just wrecked my Accord. Traffic stopped suddenly on 83 and I locked em up and slid into a 4Runner.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4609312814&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Hey you live about 45 minutes from me man!! Quit the auction and I'll come buy your accord for $400

aerokid1987
02-01-2006, 01:27 PM
dam bro what are you going to do now?

Well I'm going to try and find a new bumper and that'll pretty much fix it besides the fender. It's not that bad just looks nasty...

B16KILLA
02-01-2006, 01:52 PM
That sux dude sorry to here that.Back to the old drawing board.
I would've got that assholes license plate #,find out where he lives and toss a molotov cocktail on his car :devil: ....Oh and bash in the face witha 2x4 cant forget that.

aerokid1987
02-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Oh yeah can't do without a 2x4 man! They are man's best weapon...besides the:chainsaw:

2drSE-i
02-01-2006, 10:37 PM
what you did is stupid, and you paid the price. enough said.

my86dx4dr
02-02-2006, 01:57 AM
:slap: dont be a dick, what he did was perfectly legel. the Cunthead in the Redneck ford is the one that fucked up, the law CLEARLY STATES "If vehicle is attempting to pass you are to slow down and Give them the right away" :rant:

aerokid1987
02-02-2006, 07:16 AM

PLEASE KINDLY TELL ME WHAT I DID THAT WAS STUPID??????? :wtf:

Strahan
02-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Hey you live about 45 minutes from me man!! Quit the auction and I'll come buy your accord for $400

Sorry, I put it on ebay cuz I had too many people interested in it so I figured ebay is the fair way to get rid of it. You're welcome to bid, if you win I'll even deliver it cheap if you need it since you're close ;)

2drSE-i
02-02-2006, 10:11 AM
you tried to pass him up a hill (no matter how slight of a hill, you still cudnt see the guy), he sped up so you shouldve just got back behind him. you risked your life, car, and the life of oncoming traffic. its a good thing you didnt kill yourself or anyone else.

Cheeseburger
02-02-2006, 10:13 AM
you tried to pass him up a hill (no matter how slight of a hill, you still cudnt see the guy), he sped up so you shouldve just got back behind him. you risked your life, car, and the life of oncoming traffic. its a good thing you didnt kill yourself or anyone else.

im with u bro.

87accordlxi
02-02-2006, 11:12 AM
:slap: dont be a dick, what he did was perfectly legel. the Cunthead in the Redneck ford is the one that fucked up, the law CLEARLY STATES "If vehicle is attempting to pass you are to slow down and Give them the right away" :rant:

True, except for the "perfectly legel" part. I don't believe the law says that the driver of the overtaking vehicle is entitled to exceed the speed limit under any circumstances or try to race the person you are attempting to pass. In fact, both drivers have exhibited behavior that falls under the state definition of racing.

The law is written to require everyone, regardless of situation, to maintain a speed at or below the maximum allowed on the particular type of road being traversed. If the legal speed limit of the road is 55mph, and you are approaching a car that is traveling at 55mph, then naturally the act of overtaking that vehicle would require a speed higher than the legal limit, making the overtaking maneuver itself illegal. If the Taurus was travelling at 45mph, then an overtaking maneuver would be legal, provided that you stayed at or under 55mph and followed all of the other applicable laws regarding passing on the left. If you cannot pass a vehicle and stay at or below the speed limit, then it's not legal to speed up to pass the vehicle. We all do it, but that doesn't make it right.

Under no circumstance are you allowed to exceed the posted maximum speed limit or attempt to outgain or outdistance another vehicle.

2drSE-i
02-02-2006, 02:52 PM
ahem
:Owned:

anyway....lol didnt mean to be an ass but you gotta admit, you couldve easily slown down and gotten back behind the taurus without harming or endangering anyone. he probably got a good laugh out of watching you mess up ur car.

mkymonkey
02-02-2006, 03:43 PM
i was about to say the same thing. you know you have a slow car so why even try to pass the guy? it was just a male thing i know but risk getting your car messup up over a simple passing of a taurus? come on. it would have been easier to just let him pass then wait for him to get off the fwy or make a turn and just go on your merry way. oh well

another one bites the dust i guess

my86dx4dr
02-02-2006, 05:59 PM
I still believe he got fucked over. The asshat in the toreass was initialy braking the law. By speeding up. And as he stated it wasnt on a hill but there was one comming up, COME ON PEOPLE! its all about the lines. If he was passing in a passing zone (a NON solid yellow line, aka dotted) and you can clearly see if he was trying to pass in a passing zone the driver of the toreass Sped up and his passing zone was quickly ending. so in the process he slammed his brakes and got fucked. he wouldnt of had to speed up if the toreass wouldnt of broken the law.

Being Passed
When another driver tries to pass you, there are many chances for a
collision. The driver may cut in too sharply, you may change lanes, or
the driver may be forced back into your lane if he/she has misjudged the
distance of oncoming traffic.
You can help the other driver pass you safely by checking oncoming
traffic and adjusting your speed to let the driver move back in the right
lane as soon as possible. When another driver starts to pass, stay to the
right and do not speed up until the other driver has passed. Do not use
your hands or lights to signal other drivers when to pass. The law
prohibits flashing any of your lights at drivers to let them know when to pass.

SQ is the SQUAD
02-02-2006, 07:42 PM
i just want to say.........

ah ha

aerokid1987
02-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Ok the guy in the taurus was going below the speed limit, that's why I wanted and tried to pass...

SQ is the SQUAD
02-03-2006, 06:06 PM
but you couldent pass him going 75 mph

diegoaccord
02-03-2006, 07:30 PM
You Got TAUROWNED!!!!!

That's why this is funny. Next time don't try passing anyone if your max HP is equal to their cruising RPM HP.

my86dx4dr
02-03-2006, 11:01 PM
You Got TAUROWNED!!!!!
That's why this is funny. Next time don't try passing anyone if your max HP is equal to their cruising RPM HP.
like you have room to bash the 3g, your stock motor puts out less then a 3g's:wave:

diegoaccord
02-04-2006, 03:52 AM
I still have more than a carb 3G, and less weight.

1996 Civic CX = D16Y7 106 HP.

Besides, I'm not even going to TRY to drive aggressively, until I do a swap, simply because I know random Buicks and Ponitacs would PWN the hatch while just cruising.

Damn...think of it,it's been a while since I had a really slow, unswapped car. Awwww, no street racing for me!

buds302
02-04-2006, 04:13 AM

dude id buy your car if it werent for the other things wrtong with it!!!!!!!!!

and it dont have a cracked head. tell your mechanic hes an idiot! i watched your vid. and you live in PA, its cold. hence the normal steam on a rainy day in the cold! and it runs fine! i would buy it. i can fix front end damage no problem. the rest of it like the window and the leaky taillight i dont like. but still i might buy it for the hell of it

bucket_man
02-04-2006, 04:24 AM
who cares if the guy was speeding? its the point of the agressive driving of the tarus that caused the accident. Its just a stupid fucking thing to do.. i have arseholes push in on me all the time in merging lanes and so forth. if its safe, i accelerate and stop them, but if its not, i just swollow my pride and let them in. and i NEVER just accelerate to stop people overtaking me.

diegoaccord
02-04-2006, 07:16 AM
On subject, I speed up so people can't get past me. You never know, the faggot that speeds to get in front of you, will slow below the fucking speed limit, so I don't even chance it.

A20A1
02-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Who cares what the Taurus did, anyone with driving skill would have dropped back seeing as the accord wasn't easily overtaking the Taurus. Obviously if you give your accord too much credit, and allow your pride or what not to get in the way of what your car is capable of you pay the price. Now if the accord had 300 hp and the Taurus tried to speed up it wouldn’t have made a difference, you'd still pass him like nothing.

It's so simple to drop back and wait for another chance... now you don't have another chance. What keeps people safe on the road are good decisions, not necessarily lawful ones.

who cares if the guy was speeding? its the point of the agressive driving of the tarus that caused the accident. Its just a stupid fucking thing to do.

Uhm yeah blame the Tarus... I think the taurus came out of this one totally unscaved. He wasn't stopping AeroKid from slowing down... it's not like he left him no option.

i have arseholes push in on me all the time in merging lanes and so forth. if its safe, i accelerate and stop them, but if its not, i just swollow my pride and let them in. and i NEVER just accelerate to stop people overtaking me.

Dude, it's a merge, cars merge at a merge. Let them in. You can't go around thinking you own your lane and have a right to let people in or not.

buds302
02-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Dude, it's a merge, cars merge at a merge. Let them in. You can't go around thinking you own your lane and have a right to let people in or not.

very true
but when a friggin dump truck or a semi is tryin to get on im gonna stuffem everytime!!!
they do it to me allthe time so why not return the favor!

A20A1
02-04-2006, 12:48 PM
If you have a CDL or What ever the Semi Truck License is then you'd let them in. I see it all the time, it's a camaraderie between CDL drivers... busses let in Truck Drivers and vise versa, cause they know, you know... what it's like.

I let them in, mostly they are restricted to the far right lane anyways... though if you only have one lane roads everywhere then I can see your problem.

buds302
02-05-2006, 06:40 PM
yea but i come on in the right lane on a three lane road. they have all the room in the world to move over and have no restriction that says they cant....but the bastards dont move over they just stuff me so why be nice and let them in. let em blow the horn and gimme the finger my car is faster so i can do what i want. ive passed them on the shoulder cause theyre all in a hurry to ride my ass and then when they get in front of me they slow down and run along side another trucker. well here i come in my civic right up the shoulder and scare the shit utta them andcut them off. i dont care

2drSE-i
02-05-2006, 09:45 PM
not.......exactly safe to say the least