PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Backfire

87accordlxph
08-20-2002, 01:43 PM
Hey guys,

Yep, I gotta prob.

OK here's the situation..

When I first fire up the car; no problems here everything works ok. Sorry don't know where to start here. Comes out the back..tail pipe.

I tuned it up. New wires, fuel filters, air cleaner, plugs (boshe platinums .44" gap, stock NGK wires w/ stock coil), rotar,cap,pvc breather and valve.
I have this nasty backfire when I gas it to lower the rpms. 1 Loud backfire or other small ones...it tends to go away when the car warms up.

Guys I dunno WTF it is? I inspected the Timing Belt "looks" ok..maybe need a new belt due to hard racing and shit..streched it?
Valves are ok...no burning oil or anything I use additives to free them. Did not do an adjustment on the clearences and what not.
Emissions...? How do I check for a plugged up CAT? I don't think I have any vaccum leaks?
Fuel is good for sure I checked the linkage on the carb and gas ejects out in the throat.
Timing is right on the money 24 deg.
I really hope it's not my carb...210,000 kms, dunno how old it is?
I sprayed it. The backfire came back.

Guys, I really don't know what it could be. I checked the threads previously and I couldn't relate them to this wired problem that I have now.

Honestly, I do not have the time to mess around testing every single little thing that it could be. I was wondering how much would it cost to put it on a computer at Honda?

Please :help:

Thanks in Advance.

-Mike

Oh yea, I though maybe too much air and not enough gas so I flipped back the lid 2 days ago. Still does it.

88turboaccord
08-20-2002, 02:42 PM
Did all of this happen before you put on the new cap and rotor and wires?

87accordlxph
08-20-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by 88turboaccord
Did all of this happen before you put on the new cap and rotor and wires?

Yes, I'm afraid it did.

The tune up gave me more zip though.