PDA

View Full Version : Left side of car is lower than the right side

conozo
02-02-2006, 03:36 PM
So my left side of the car is lower than right side. Tire pressure is the same, nothing to weigh it down unevenly inside the car, level ground. New suspension, alingment. This was like this before i got my suspension and i thought that new suspension would fix the problem. So i measured from the ground to the top of the wheel well and the left side was 1/4 lower on the front left and 1/2 lower on the back left before the upgrade and its the exact same after. Now im thinking that maybe its a bad sway bar pulling that side of the car down, but i have a dx so there is no sway bar in the rear wheels where the difference it the most noticible. Its been annoying because my left tires always wear out unevenly and i can notice it just by looking at it.
The steering wheel also shutters when hard acceleration no matter if i have old cv axels, tires, alingment or with that stuff all replaced and alingned. It also drifts to the left as long as ive had the car (50,000 miles)

thanks for any help

Oldblueaccord
02-02-2006, 11:10 PM
If you havent had it since new there a chance its been in an accident or even and minor curb bump and something is bent. A tire that keeps wearing is a good sign something is not correct.

I would make sure all your front end stuff is good and then have a frame shop check the car for straightness. The sway bar you mentioned could be the cause of the ride height being off but not the tire wear.

wp

my86dx4dr
02-03-2006, 05:48 AM
your just fat, dont worry. find a fat girlfriend and get some eibach stickers

TheWatcher
02-03-2006, 06:59 AM
your just fat, dont worry. find a fat girlfriend and get some eibach stickers
:rofl:

That's cold. :) (BTW, why is Hurley still fat on LOST, shouldn't he be losing weight, with the lack of junk food and all???). :dunno:

Actually, I was thinking along the lines of Oldblueaccord when I first read this post, but bit my tongue, since if the frame is bent, you are screwed (probably need to get another car, since it's never the same even if they try to straighten it [which is expensive]).

Maybe you should check w/ carfax.

Peace.

conozo
02-05-2006, 10:15 AM
The car has been in the family since it was bought new from the dealorship. And it hasnt been in any accident.

Oh, im not fat either.

carotman
02-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Mine's liek this too. I never foudn out why :( It's not much tough but I'm a perfectionist and notice everything. However, my tires wear normaly

Strugglebucket
02-07-2006, 02:28 PM
mine too, is like that. i just say it's corner-balanced for when i'm sitting in the driver's seat:lol:

2drSE-i
02-07-2006, 02:29 PM
well i never notice it when im outside of the car but i can definately tell when im inside. but i only weigh 140

1987HondaAccord
02-07-2006, 02:56 PM
it could be the spring wearing out a little more on that corner from the additional weight while driving. I noticed my car was sitting more evenly after I changed the struts. It was pretty much dead even when I put new springs on too.

conozo
03-04-2006, 10:18 PM
The suspension is definately not worn out, all new components only a half a year ago and the measurements havent changed at all since then. But i will check it out when it gets warmer and post what it going on with it if i ever find out the problem.

halxi
03-04-2006, 10:32 PM
frames probably bent

86AccordLxi
03-05-2006, 06:58 PM
No, my car was the same way. Never wrecked ( I bought it from the original owner), new struts and springs, the whole thing aligned perfectly, but the driver's side was just a tiny bit lower than the passenger side. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Alex

ghettogeddy
03-05-2006, 07:49 PM
ya mines like that to0 just had it looked at when i got my tires on it was only like 3.5 cm lower more of and optical illusion then anything else