PDA

View Full Version : Smoking from motor

sweetdang
02-04-2006, 07:15 AM
I am having smoke burning from around the flange area that connects the header to the flex pipe. I crossed out the possibility that its my oil pan or oil pan gasket. Also that it can't be my oil filter gasket. My valve cover gaskets seems sealed pretty good and the head gasket is definitely not blown. Could it be that the gasket is burned out causing fumes to come out of it. The thing is it smells like oil. Any answe would help.....thanks

russiankid
02-04-2006, 09:33 AM
I am having smoke burning from around the flange area that connects the header to the flex pipe. I crossed out the possibility that its my oil pan or oil pan gasket. Also that it can't be my oil filter gasket. My valve cover gaskets seems sealed pretty good and the head gasket is definitely not blown. Could it be that the gasket is burned out causing fumes to come out of it. The thing is it smells like oil. Any answe would help.....thanks
im guessing it's the vavle cover gasket dripping oil onto somthing hot and it burns and makes that smell

smufguy
02-04-2006, 12:59 PM
check the oil filter base gasket, If u are leaking from there, then there is a chance u might be burning the oil thats dripping onto your exhaust pipe. Also, if your PCV canister is leaking, then its a possibility. Best thing to do is to go under the car and then looking at it from bottom up.

Blkblurr
02-06-2006, 05:33 AM
I had the same problem with my 89 SE-i. i replaced thevalve cover gasket and the gasket/ o-ring behind the oil filter assembly. That took care of the problem.