PDA

View Full Version : Addware and spyware

TWOLOUDNPROUD
02-04-2006, 01:01 PM
For the last two weeks everytime i come the 3geez.com my Antivirus picks addware and spyware in here .has anyone had the same thing happen to them?

Beaver
02-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Nope, well I did have one popup a while ago, but I'm pretty sure that was from some adware on my computer that I hadn't got rid of yet.

MrBen
02-04-2006, 01:20 PM
I can guarantee you that any adware, viruses, or other malware is coming directly from your computer and not 3geez itself.

If anything was coming from here, it would be coming from one of the advertisers. However there is no way to know unless we get other responses from people complaining of the same thing.

Vanilla Sky
02-04-2006, 05:47 PM
install AVG antivirus, AdAware, and start using a browser OTHER THAN internet explorer. i use firefox myself.

http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10342876.html?tag=lst-0-2
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10399602.html?tag=lst-0-1

update them both as soon as you install them. chances are they will get rid of your problem. if not, they will probably at least alert you of them. you're also better off running both programs in safe mode.

87accordlxi
02-04-2006, 06:13 PM
I switched you to the Default board style without ads at the top. All Foundation member can select styles without ads. The only advertisement on this board is the Google ad at the top, which does not install adware or spyware. Your antivirus may be picking up the Google script as adware, but it does not affect your computer at all.

We do not, and will not, EVER use advertisements that maliciously affect anyone's computer. Thanks for posting this on the board instead of asking the admin staff directly....

Bglad420
02-04-2006, 06:23 PM
I dont want ads either....what happened I used to be able to switch to no ads now I cant...

Vanilla Sky
02-04-2006, 06:29 PM
the board starting getting too big to come out of owner's pocket, so they implemented the foundation system. after a while, the donations didn't support the site, so they implemented ads to help support the site. makes sense, and a lot of smaller sites do it as well. it's an unobtrusive ad, so you can live with it, donate and become a foundation member, or you can simply leave because of a minor google banner ad at the top of the page.

and being that i was around during the time with AF, i know how badly things suck when you have to depend on someone else's bandwidth. since we're all using the boards bandwidth by viewing it, BSing, and postwhoring the board, we should be able to live with the ad.

Bglad420
02-04-2006, 06:45 PM
I dont have a problem with the ads, I just remember being able to choose from like 8 different schemes, now only 3?? Did you guys get rid of them when the board was having issues??? Is there any way I can get those back??

Vanilla Sky
02-04-2006, 06:47 PM
there were the old styles and new styles for a while, and possible a couple test styles.

lostforawhile
02-04-2006, 08:58 PM
not to get off topic but while on the issue of spyware and adware has anyone found a cure for OINADSERVER yet? neither spybot search and destroy nor adadware pick it up,I did a search and it's driving a lot of people nuts. everytime it pops up my computer crashes. :rant:

getready
02-05-2006, 07:13 AM
hey lost, do you have the option of reporting it when it pops up? or does it immediatly freeze? I read a few days ago that some crappy virus has been going around screwing everything up...if you have that virus, then it probably corrupted one of your system registry files or something like that, and every time the comp tries to initiate that function, it cant, so it crashes.

lostforawhile
02-05-2006, 10:07 AM
hey lost, do you have the option of reporting it when it pops up? or does it immediatly freeze? I read a few days ago that some crappy virus has been going around screwing everything up...if you have that virus, then it probably corrupted one of your system registry files or something like that, and every time the comp tries to initiate that function, it cant, so it crashes.
well i found where it was hiding finally,I had to reload windows so it seems to be ok now