PDA

View Full Version : wiring question for pk2.

Immeraufdemhund
02-06-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm fixing to run a b20 in a 87 3g, and according to the wiring harness chart b20 is the speed sensor wire.. that goes i would assume to the dash?...do i need that wire?

carotman
02-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Yes you need this wire.

It's already present on the stock LX-i harness so it's plain and simple.

This wire is connected behind the gauge cluster.

THe VSS wire is supposed to be at pin B18 on the Accord harness. It has to go at B16 on the PK2

HAve you read the How-To I made?

Immeraufdemhund
02-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Yes you need this wire.

It's already present on the stock LX-i harness so it's plain and simple.

This wire is connected behind the gauge cluster.

THe VSS wire is supposed to be at pin B18 on the Accord harness. It has to go at B16 on the PK2

HAve you read the How-To I made?

yes i read most of it...and yes i found it was b16 not b20 like i thought. Problem is though i have an a20a1...so i dont have a pin b18... This is a serious rigging operation. What is hte VSS for?

carotman
02-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Well, If you converted to EFI using a harness from an LX-i, you should have most of the wires expect the ones for the crank sensor. If not, just add those from a junkyard ECU connector.

The VSS is for the Vehicule Speed Sensor. I don't know if it's really useful on the OBD-0 Cars tough but if it's there, might as well use it. It tells the ECU that the car is moving.

Immeraufdemhund
02-07-2006, 02:45 PM
which would tell me that if i got rid of it then i wouldn't have a speed limit... which in this particular car would be a problem...but for most not.

I sorta wanna do it this way too cause If i ever build my own car i'm using a honda motor and so i'd have to figure out this sorta stuff anyway...

i'm gonna have a hard time figureing out how to run the PGMFI light though... i might just hook a light up under the dash some were and call it good.

the prelude so far has about the hardest wire harness that i've played around with, my old motorcylce was a bunch easier to fool with and the wires made sense too. so anywho. thanx for you input.. i'll have to give you a hand some time in ASM. It might be worth it to get a list of ROM calls so we could make a database and start an asembler.

carotman
02-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Well, ECU will notice that the engine has some load and will throw a vss code if it's not hooked up.

The PGM-FI light is easy to hook-up. Depending of the years, the gauge clusters are pre-wired for it and even have the orange stencil, it just has no engine drawing on it. You can just wire this light to the ECU and you're done.

BTW, the ECU will profide ground when there is a CEL, not 12V. YOu need to bring 12V to the light and connect the other lead to the ECU.

I'll talk to you soon about this ASM code :D

Immeraufdemhund
02-07-2006, 03:17 PM
thanx for that tip.

here is a pic of the wires that connect to the ecu on the left and the right connects to the cabin wire harness... ... oh do you need a pic of my pk5 guts?

harness (http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2350/p20600070ha.jpg)

Now on the one to the right i know that i'll be cutting out most of those, other than the main relay, and a few guage cluster wires, is there anything else i might need (off the top of your head) and also does the accord have a vss wire?

carotman
02-07-2006, 04:25 PM
yeah the Carb accord has a vss wire for the cruise control. I dunno if the cars without cruise had it but the gauge cluster is pre wired for it.

Except the stuff for the fuel pump and main relay, there are just a few wires you need to keep. Make sure you keep all the sensors tough :D

You can take a pic of the PK2 guts if you want :D

I'll soon come with the perfect ROM for the stock B20A using a PK2 ECU. Stay tuned.

Immeraufdemhund
02-08-2006, 01:51 PM
ok i'll get those pics... On Pauls PDF manuel i'm looking at the guage cluster diagram, which wire do i use?

c1 - speed sensor output
c4 - speed sensor amplifier (ig1)
c5 - ground for c4

i would assume c1, but i just wanna make sure.