PDA

View Full Version : 89 Accord Lxi Rear Brake Swap

azazel_18_2
02-08-2006, 08:51 AM
I have an 89 Accord Lxi 4 dr with a 5sp prelude si transmission swap. I HATE drum brakes and want to get rid of them. The 86 Prelude i pulled the transmission out of has disc brakes on the back of it. I want to know if this swap will work. Will there be any modifying needing to be done? I heard the e-brake cables have to be lengthened but why can's I just use some SEI ebrake cables? I just want to know if this setup will be bolt on and if I can use SEI cables. The reason I am going Prelude instead of SEI rear disc conversion is I can get the stuff off the Prelude for next to nothing.

SteveDX89
02-08-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't think anyone has tried with Lude brakes. If you can get the stuff for next to nothing, go ahead and try it. At least we will know if it can be done.

AZmike
02-08-2006, 10:55 AM
The second generation Prelude rear suspension is quite a bit different that the Accords (strut v. upper and lower control arm). I doubt you'll have much luck with a swap.

onliLX-i
02-15-2006, 01:44 PM
I tried to do a conversion on my 89 LX-i with a prelude setup and a acura legend setup. The prelude is not even close and will never work unless you have a metal shop. The Acura legend came close, with a upper control arm and all, but the studs on the knuckle were too big. DAMN! The only conversion out there is the SE-i rear end. The integras won't work either.