PDA

View Full Version : Possible suspension mods...what else could i need?

2drSE-i
02-08-2006, 09:40 AM
ok ive been tossing the idea around about modding my suspension in the very near future. I was thinking tokicos on all 4 corners, and h&r springs. i was wondering if there were any better springs...i was told that with tokicos h&r's may not be enough. but as well as this, what else would i need with this drop? lude upper control arms? any input would be great.

edit: now im sorta thinking Eibach SportLines. front rates are much better, and not so much of a drop. would i still need lude control arms??

Bglad420
02-08-2006, 09:45 AM
How much of a drop?? I heard that with 2" you wont need them, but more than that you will. But all you need to drop it are springs, shocks, and struts, occasionally Arms, I remember a thread a while ago that soemone used some 3g Accord arm mabey it was adjustable????

2drSE-i
02-08-2006, 10:00 AM
no theres no 3g with adjustable arms, thats why they all switch to lude arms. but im looking for a 1" drop, was trying to find some tokico springs but no luck. the sportlines have less of a drop i found out (as far as eibachs go) and they have higher front rates, but lower backs. i may go that route cuz their only like 10 bucks more than h&r's, but have a much higher front rate

Bglad420
02-08-2006, 10:04 AM
You shouldn't need the lude arms with a 1" drop.

2drSE-i
02-08-2006, 10:10 AM
cool, negative camber is bad but so are old crappy struts and springs. i sware i hear my rear right spring squeaking like crazy.

AZmike
02-08-2006, 11:06 AM
The front H&Rs already are a little too much for the Tokicos. Going stiffer isn't going to help. A little negative camber is helpful--somewhere between 0.5 and 1.5 degrees--depending on how the car is driven and how stiff your tires are.

SteveDX89
02-08-2006, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't go with Eibachs. Anything with a softer spring rate in the back is bad. You would have less ground clearance and the chance of bottoming out the back of the car is greater. Plus softer rear springs will add some understeer.

2drSE-i
02-08-2006, 02:00 PM
what springs would you guys advise then? i cant find anywhere that sells the tokicos. what about sprints? i see them on ebay for like 50 bucks occasionally lol. but i really dont want much more than a 1.5" drop, preferably 1" but 1.5 would be ok.

2drSE-i
02-08-2006, 02:04 PM
so if h&r's, the softest springs available are too stiff.......tokicos suck? lol....sounds like revalved bilsteins are the only way to go

SteveDX89
02-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Technically, revalved Bilsteins are the only way to go. However, considering the price of them, Tokicos are your next option. The H&R's are the softest so matching them with the Tokicos would be the best way to do it. Sprints are way way way too stiff for the Tokicos and I would never ever run those with anything other than revalved Bilsteins. Stick with the H&R's. It shouldn't be too bad.

2drSE-i
02-08-2006, 02:26 PM
yea i said that without even looking at the sprints rates, cuz i saw a deal on ebay that they were selling 4 tokicos with 4 sprint springs for our cars for 339, and was like daym. revalved bilsteins are fuckishly expensive lol....379 + 65 x 4 = 639.....no thanks. ill deal with the bounce. but being a senior in high school at the moment i may be waiting till summer to do this anyway. ive got Senior banquet in 2 weeks, prom, valentines day (even sooner than banquet), oh and i got backed into at lunch today....stupid mexican in an s10 doesnt know how to drive apparenlty. not too bad tho just some paint transfer on my car. big ass dent on his, go 3geez :D. anywho it happened in a parking lot so we pay for our own damage, cuz the cop cant testify so it really doesnt matter. just paint transfer, rubbing compound here i come. speaking of random rants, i was talking about senior expenses. in order this time, valentines day, senior banquet, spring break (im still talking about going to dallas, you texas guys), and then graduation there should be a flood of money coming in lol...working 65 hours at my work only gets me 378...and girlfriends are expensive, but worth it.

jigga225
02-09-2006, 03:59 PM
i feel you, but i'm sure you;ll want more than a 1" drop. You won't even notice that.
-also check on those lower ball joints, they can do a lot of squeaking too.
Peace

2drSE-i
02-09-2006, 04:08 PM
well if i go much lower ill have to deal with spring rates that are too high. i should probably have the ball joints done real soon, how much should i expect to pay to have those replaced?

bobafett
02-09-2006, 06:25 PM
having ridden in alex's car with h&r and tokico setup, i can say its managable, but you WOULD be a lot happier with stiffer shocks. i know u cant get konis, but if u get bilstiens u can get them shortened and revalved exactly to what spring rates u decide to go with.

2drSE-i
02-09-2006, 08:17 PM
they are currently way out of my price range. did we ever find out if there are any front shocks on any car that fit up front. im aware that civic shocks work well in the rear...

2drSE-i
02-09-2006, 08:59 PM
ok after reading, heres what ive got:

civic struts: 88-91 tokico illuminas. fit great, but actually raises the car unless you modify them. or youll blow them quickly. what exactly is required in this....im so lost right now.

gfrg88
02-09-2006, 09:18 PM
umm yeah im lost on the civic struts?? what exactly do you need to modify them up front??

Legend_master
02-10-2006, 09:31 AM
the spot I circled in the picture needs to be moved up. YOu have to cut the weld and get some of those rings that I used (welded rings) to keep the piece in place after cutting the weld.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/SuspentionAdjust.jpg