PDA

View Full Version : Looking to do a AT/MT swap

Hecubus84
02-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Here's my problem:
I have a 87 Lxi with an auto. It's having some problems. Initally something went bad internally and ran metal shavings through the entire thing. So, 1,400 bucks later I have a new (allegedly) transmission. It didnt even get me home. Now, 8 months later the car has been in and out of the shop about 9 times. Im fed up. Ive read the how-to post on both the AT/MT swap and the Hybrid integra/accord tranny. It sounds good. I already have a parts car thats the same year and model with a MT, catch is, it's messed up too. I read that a 2nd gen prelude tranny will bolt up to my accord. I'd like to know if there are any hardware conflicts that sprout up when you use the prelude mission. Are the mounting brackets the same? CV joints? Do I have to use the prelude clutch/flywheel? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Hecubus

BITESIZE
02-08-2006, 07:29 PM
You should be able to use your accord's axles. The tranny exterior is exactly the same. Different gears/internals I believe? Same Clutch and flywheel I believe. That 84 -87 prelude has the same engine...BT/A20A3. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong....

BITESIZE
02-08-2006, 07:33 PM
ATto MT howto http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102

You will need the MT mount according to the how to. I didn't see a differance at all in the mounts when I put them by each other.

89NA
02-14-2006, 12:14 PM
So is there anything different about the intake manifolds you need to do when you swap from auto to manual ? I know there was on my civic.