PDA

View Full Version : ADR rims

89cordlx
08-20-2002, 08:06 PM
Hey, I am looking into buying rims off of www.whalentire.com and some of the ADR's look nice and there are hella different kinds to choose from. I'f they're one of those so so brands please let me know so I don't waste my money.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-20-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by 89cordlx
Hey, I am looking into buying rims off of www.whalentire.com and some of the ADR's look nice and there are hella different kinds to choose from. I'f they're one of those so so brands please let me know so I don't waste my money.

Definately not a so so brand, but their weight's are just average. They sure do make some nice looking rims, don't they.;)

87pimpsterdocious
08-21-2002, 12:45 AM
How much do the stock wheels weigh? I'm looking into buying the adr's that are 16.5 pounds for the 16". Sound Good?

Jims 86LXI HB
08-21-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by 87pimpsterdocious
How much do the stock wheels weigh? I'm looking into buying the adr's that are 16.5 pounds for the 16". Sound Good?

Yeah sure does, most of the models I checked weighed 18-20lbs. 16.5 is great. Which model is it and how did you get the weight info? The list I have doesn't cover their newer rims.

Stock wheels should weigh no more than 18lbs.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-21-2002, 02:46 AM
all those rims look the same to me...good weight tho for sure

89cordlx
08-21-2002, 11:25 AM
I was going thru the ADR and I think I like these http://www.whalentire.com/wheeldetail.cfm?wheelnumber=RSL15778H40A&size=17 Tell me what ya think. My car is a black 89 lxi coupe

87pimpsterdocious
08-21-2002, 03:07 PM
Here's where I got the weight info. It was right there on whalen tire. What do you think?

http://www.whalentire.com/wheeldetail.cfm?wheelnumber=RSL197641043S&size=16

ps. they're pretty cheap too!

89cordlx
08-21-2002, 05:06 PM
They're nice, but not my style. I don't really go for the dual spoke stuff.

OldSchoolSwap
08-21-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by 87pimpsterdocious
Here's where I got the weight info. It was right there on whalen tire. What do you think?

http://www.whalentire.com/wheeldetail.cfm?wheelnumber=RSL197641043S&size=16

ps. they're pretty cheap too!
Those are nasty :barf:
I like the other ones that 89cordlx posted much better.
Mines are ADR as well and they come in diffrent colors if i'm not mistaken, but who cares about my rims!! i'm the only one that has them on a 3 gee that i know of :D

goldyaccord
08-23-2002, 09:33 PM
Old School,

Dont get your hopes up too high... I"m planning on getting the gunmetal finish ADR Soduko's. I MIGHT go with a gold finish... not sure. Either that or i'll get some Racing Harts. I love my EVO's but they are scratched alittle bit and acouple of curb rashes. There are also some precautions i'd take now with the new rims that i didnt do with my current ones. NO DRIVING in the gravel roads unless i'm goin 5 miles an hr. i had a bad experience.... and some washing precautions. also wash more often. etc...

:D

Josh

PS. i'll probly be able to get those rims for around 70 a piece. :P

2Fast_Fiero
08-25-2002, 12:13 AM
well, that site is good, all its giving me is 42-45mm offset, YAY, talk about shoping spree, I WANTEM ALL!!! lol well I dunno what I realy want yet, but I'm lookin into the Tantrums cus they are Identical to my Motegi MR7's

TeKKnoTeKK
08-25-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
well, that site is good, all its giving me is 42-45mm offset, YAY, talk about shoping spree, I WANTEM ALL!!! lol well I dunno what I realy want yet, but I'm lookin into the Tantrums cus they are Identical to my Motegi MR7's

Well why would you do that man? From what I understand the motegi's are cheaper than the tantrums, and I heard they stopped making tantrums? If I were you I would get the MR7's....I just think they are better looking and less :D But hell....maybe because they are on my car :flip: They are gonna look sooooo dope tuckin'.....hellz yeah!

1989 DX R
08-25-2002, 08:37 AM
I was going to get the Trama type. I like the 6 spoke styles best.

Linky (http://www.whalentire.com/wheeldetail.cfm?wheelnumber=RSL9778H40A&size=17)

89cordlx
08-25-2002, 09:26 AM
I actually kinda like those but I think I have said it before I an not a big fan of the like double stoke stuff.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-26-2002, 02:51 AM
I really like the style of the ADR GT-Sport's

2Fast_Fiero
08-27-2002, 11:13 PM
I know, I own 2 pairs of 18" Motegi MR7 Gun Metal Rims, the reason I own 2 is cus about 4 months ago Albuquerque workers had the highway torn apart, they left for the day to go to the bars with a big ass peice of the highway missing, I was allready in town, but me and my brother was racing the Accord against the Civic when all I had was my body kit and the MR7's, His Spyders and my MR7s got crushed on this, it was about 3ft of road missing, the state got tons of lawsuits for that, but my MR7s and his Spyders crumpled, mine worse cus mine are thiner and lighter, so I guess weaker, and I spun out of control and ended up on the side of the road, he had to drive his car home at 5 mph cus all his rims did was wobble. Talk about a bad day! I own like 10 MR7s, Insurance paid for the first rim destroyed, my brother was driving my civic and wanted to show off when he turned into pep boys, and pulled on the e brake, forgot to take it out and the back end of the car spun around and hit a curb, bent my rim in half, so that was the first replaced, then the 4 rims that were destroyed on the highway, now I have 5 rims that are in good shape, ones for a spare

TeKKnoTeKK
08-27-2002, 11:38 PM
well that sucks for both your cars.......but atleast you got some rims out of it :D

2Fast_Fiero
08-28-2002, 01:43 AM
New Set Of Free Rims paid for by The State Of New Mexico!!! :D:D:D :flip: