PDA

View Full Version : Brake light indicator

ernhrdt34
02-09-2006, 04:37 AM
lately my dash indicator is telling me hat i have a brake lamp out. but when i checked the lamps they are all working fine. i dont know if there is a sensor that could be going or something else? If it is a sensor than where is it located?

honda
02-09-2006, 09:56 AM
My rear brake light in the rear windshield does something like this. I looked at it, the light works, I put it back in, the sensor is off. I'll drive it for a while, and then the sensor comes on again. I think vibrations are doing something to the connection.

TheWatcher
02-09-2006, 07:03 PM
lately my dash indicator is telling me hat i have a brake lamp out. but when i checked the lamps they are all working fine. i dont know if there is a sensor that could be going or something else? If it is a sensor than where is it located?
It happened to me, intermittently before.

My mechanic replaced the bulb (for free) w/ the CORRECT bulb, when I had the fuel filters replaced, and I haven't had any problems since.

So try replacing the bulb, check the owner's manual for bulb specifications.

Peace.

lostforawhile
02-09-2006, 07:09 PM
the brake light sensor is the little black box on one of the taillights,if you have the incorrect bulbs in your lights,it will trip the sensor,also make sure your bulb isn't turned around so the taillight is lighting up instead of the brake light. there are two filiments per bulb and you can reverse the bulb. the sensor works by sensing current going through it and the bulb,not enough current flowing and the warning light comes on. also those led taillight bulbs will cause it to come on,they don't pull nearly enough current to keep it off. eithier in the main brake lights,or the third brake light.

russiankid
02-09-2006, 07:30 PM
it could be the connection between the bubble and the bubble connector(not sure what's called). if the connection is bad it could be fine when you take it out and it works, you put it back in the connection isnt to good so the bulb doesnt work and the sensor goes off

Chuoiz
02-09-2006, 07:48 PM
I have a similiar problem but instead with inner trunk molding lights not the far left and right tail lights...whose lights would light up when I turn on my lights but the second filament wouldnt turn on when I step on the brakes..I thought it was the bulbs so I took the same bulbs and put them on the tail lights and they work fine...the indicator lights were always on and the trunk molding lights wouldnt get brighter when stepping on the brakes ever since i got the car...please help...

CompProb237
09-22-2007, 02:11 PM
i got the same problem, brake light indicator. trunk lights are dim but don't go bright, center deck light never turns on. checked fuses, checked wires, changed bulbs, nothin... any ides :wtf:

LX-incredible
09-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Check that the switch above the pedal is functioning. You should have full continuity with the pedal depressed.