PDA

View Full Version : nice headlights

Baveara
02-09-2006, 09:38 AM
my head lights don't work welll the low beams don't work is this a problem that ya'll have had r is it just my jalopy. it's been like this since i bought the car a couple of months ago.:rant:

honda
02-09-2006, 09:54 AM
I have something similar. One of my headlights does not come on, but it does if you put it on high beams. I'd be interested in knowing how to make the headlight work too.

Bglad420
02-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Check your grounds, I had a simalar problem, ended up one of the grounds wasn't hooked up, sure solved A LOT of problems

HondaBoy
02-09-2006, 10:42 AM
check the fuses and the wiring at the headlight. now is it both headlights that dont turn on low beam?

honda
02-09-2006, 10:57 AM
No, only one of my headlights does this. The other one works on both high and low beam.

If I were to check the fuses, wiring, or grounds for that headlight, where would I check that? I have replaced a headlight before but that's about it.

ZackieDarko
02-09-2006, 01:37 PM
MAN! the same thing is happening to me! my right light wont work on low beam but the high does

spnrx
02-09-2006, 01:46 PM
My lights just aren't as bright as they could be. When I put the car in neutral and rev the engine the lights flare up and then die down again. Altenator...battery...who knows!

rustlude87
02-09-2006, 02:24 PM
juat get new lights your low beam blub is probably out, happened to me this week and i got silverstars, its not the grounds

russiankid
02-09-2006, 02:55 PM
I have something similar. One of my headlights does not come on, but it does if you put it on high beams. I'd be interested in knowing how to make the headlight work too.bulb burned out, my bro had the same problem, one low beam didnt work, but both high beams worked

Baveara
02-15-2006, 09:49 AM
no my low beams don't work but if i leave them on and drive sometimes my driver sidee low beam will come on and if i run a hot wire from the battery to the actual bulb both lights will fire up on low and high.

onliLX-i
02-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Sometimes the contacts get dirty and make a bad connection in these old switches. If all else fails you should disassemble the switch and clean it. It is in the assembly behind the steering wheel. I had to do this for my lights, window and ignition switches. Carbon buildup. Use a fine grit sandpaper to clean the contact sliders and reassemble. Do not use any type of grease and be careful not to bend anything.

honda
02-16-2006, 08:23 AM
I checked my lights again, and now only both high beams come one. Both low beams do not come on. Someone said that means the low beam bulbs need to be replaced. You have to replace the whole headlight (low and high beam bulbs included), right, because it's sealed? I didn't know they had two sets of bulbs in there, I thought there was only one bulb. Just wanted to ask before getting new headlights; there's no way to replace the low beam bulbs in the headlight?

honda
02-16-2006, 08:25 AM
any way to easily test whether it's the bulbs or something else, and does someone know how much new headlights cost?

onliLX-i
02-16-2006, 09:59 AM
New headlights are like $17 a piece. If you have not converted then you do have a stock sealed beam. This is just a gless lense with a bulb inside. You can see the bulb inside the sealed beam. This bulb, however, has two filaments. One for high and one for low beam. You do have to replace the whole light. If you have a multimeter you can test the socket where it plugs into the bulb. It is a three pronged setup. I will see if I can find a schematic. You can also plug in a 9003 head light bulb in and test your wiring with that. This is the bulb used in our head light conversion kit.

onliLX-i
02-16-2006, 10:10 AM
http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55712
Scroll down and the diagram on this site shows Ground, High and Low beam connections.

honda
03-02-2006, 02:56 PM
thanks

89AccordResto
03-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Probably the headlight. There are two filaments in a regular bulb for an accord. One's probably broken. Swap your headlights and see if the problem stays with the same light. If it does, then get a new headlight. They're like $5-12 new, so it's no biggie.