PDA

View Full Version : secondary conversion..did it make your car gut?

Dutchboy
08-20-2002, 08:14 PM
I just did the secondary conversion today and if i hit the gas hard it will gut....this must be becasue the increased air flow..and not enough fuel ...
Have anyone else had this??...
It does work fine if i push the throttle slower instead of a quick burst...

Gonna try it out for a bit and see if i want to keep it that way or not..
let me know if you experienced this after the conversion...

Ben

A20A1
08-20-2002, 11:49 PM
it's because you have no secondary fuel pump... but you could always increase the primary fuel pump jet to add more fuel. Not sure how though. since a larger pump jet on a weber has a smaller hole. ??

shepherd79
08-21-2002, 03:53 AM
ok , when i did that i had a big slack when i pushed the gas fast.
you will need to adjust mixture screw. just unscrew it till you reach highes RPM (mine went up by 400rpm) after that start screwing back in as soon RPM starting do drop stop right there.
it doesn't make anyproblem anymore.
oh yeah, i am working on primary fuel pump jet. i am gonna make it bigger. i will show it to you later.

DanG86LX
08-21-2002, 08:21 AM
A20A1 ... but you could always increase the primary fuel pump jet to add more fuel. Not sure how..
Look at one of Doug's pics here:
http://87accord.com/image/card 007.jpg
The service manual says: the big round brass thingy at the right-middle of the pic is a thermovalve which is supposed to dump some of the pump output back to the float bawl. The thermovalve is closed during warmup so all its output goes to primary. If you find a way to block the passage.. voila!
Though, would more fuel from primary + more air from secondary work ? Good luck conversion guys! :D

doug
08-21-2002, 08:48 AM
http://87accord.com/image/card%20007.jpg
for some reason the space qualifier did not get in Dans' link.

Dutchboy
08-21-2002, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the help..

It works great if im going at a good pace and then give it but its slugish at the start and ...vroom it takes off..

So i will leave it for now until i put an intake on and then i can play around with it to make it work with the intake..

Thanks for the input...I knew something was wrong but at least it wasnt only my car:D

Ben

A20A1
08-21-2002, 05:19 PM
Ok the stock pump jet squirts fuel at and angle into the primary barrel... The stock 50 pump jet on the weber carb also does this.

When I upgraded the jet to the larger 55 jet, 5 basic things changed.
1)the size of the hole going into the jet got larger
2)the size of the hole exiting the jet got smaller
3)the arm of the jet extends further into the barrel
4)the shape of the exterior of the jet is streamlined
5)the jet squirts the fuel almost straight down into the barrel instead of at an angle.