PDA

View Full Version : Side moldings

spnrx
02-09-2006, 01:08 PM
I need to install a new side molding on the rear passenger side. How would I do it and would I need to take the door apart?

Thanks,
Spnr X

spnrx
02-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Oh and BTW There is this metal piece hanging from one of the holes where the side molding was removed. Any idea ho to remove that?

spnrx
02-10-2006, 02:16 AM
no body knows?

mkymonkey
02-10-2006, 02:54 AM
oh man youre going to have fun. but before i try to help you let me get some things clarified. are you trying to remove the molding from your car and a donor car? or do you already have the piece and are trying to put it on? do you have pics of your problem? and is it a four door or a two door?

if its a two door i can tell you exactly how to remove the shit

if its a four door...i have some theories lol

spnrx
02-10-2006, 10:51 AM
oh man youre going to have fun. but before i try to help you let me get some things clarified. are you trying to remove the molding from your car and a donor car? or do you already have the piece and are trying to put it on? do you have pics of your problem? and is it a four door or a two door?

if its a two door i can tell you exactly how to remove the shit

if its a four door...i have some theories lol
It's a 4 dr and I plan on removing the part from a donor car at a junkyard unless it's a shit load of work then it's more like I'll buy the part from honda.

mkymonkey
02-10-2006, 06:16 PM
ok you have to take the door apart and remove the plastic cover. make sure your window is up, because you will need to get to the clips behind the window. anyway there should be only one nut and bolt holding the molding besides the clip. you can find it on the edge of the door where the latch is. i think its a 10mm bolt. after that is gone, take a set of needle nose pliers and remove the three clips holding the molding on. try not to brake them. all you have to do is squeeze and push.

like i said, have fun. oh and dont break the clips...you will need them. i emphasize the not braking part because you can virtually blow on them and they will fall apart lol.

getready
02-10-2006, 07:42 PM
heh, i like your quote in your sig mkymonkey, thats hilarious

mkymonkey
02-10-2006, 08:01 PM
thanks lol ^^

i forgot a tip.

if you find it difficult to actually squeeze and push the clips without breaking them (im pretty sure the first one you will break, if thats the case, you will have to find another car to take the clips from...just in case you break more. i took 16 clips and used about 10 because they kept breaking) you can just twist and the clips will fall out. sometimes this works and sometimes it doesnt. i guess it depends on what condition or what year the car is. i only took clips from 89 lxi's so i dont know if there is a difference. im pretty sure there isnt cuz i mean they're just plastic clips. lol

TheWatcher
02-10-2006, 08:33 PM
I need to install a new side molding on the rear passenger side. How would I do it and would I need to take the door apart?

Thanks,
Spnr X
Why not take this opportunity to shave the doors? :)

Peace.