PDA

View Full Version : Coupe back to the grind

89AccordLX2dr
02-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Well, it has been 2 or 3 months since I've taken my Accord off the road. It was sick and needed rest for the winter. The drivers rocker panel is rusted out, and I didn't want to winter drive it which would completely destroy the remaining.

The plan was to park it throughout the winter and drive my Buick... but the Buick decided to die, so I brought the Accord back to life with a new battery and a jug of gas.

Started right up! Felt rather odd sitting behind the H wheel again, so used to the giant Buick. She rumbled away in the snow idling there, love the exhaust leak! Drove off, forgot all about no power steering from the broken line... but soon enough my sweet car memories all came back to me.

Going down the road with a ride like a 3/4 ton truck, exhaust rumbling away, shifting gears, loud inside, can hear ice and pebbles whacking away at the floor. Like driving a 4 banger hotrod. I never realized how much I missed her.

Going to install a new catback exhaust before I get pulled over for a safety issue.. muffler is so rotten and has unraveled and looks like it'll fall off on the next bump. New front tire, the 1/16" tread doesn't perform well in the snow. Get power steering line fixed. Reinstall my stereo.. good to go! In Spring, i'll put a new rocker panel on, and do some minor body work here and there and get it painted.

For all the money I put into the Buick, for it to fail me once again.. I could of used toward my Accord and it'd be pretty nice right now. A few months ago I was going to sell the Accord, glad I never did! I've owned this car for close to 4 years, and it only once failed to start.. about 2yrs ago the dist cap had red dust in it, cleaned it out and hasn't failed me since.

Chicks dig the Accord over the Grandpa car too ;) Guess I'll part the Buick out for parts and use any profits towards the Honda.:thumbup:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7306/89accord6rg.th.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=89accord6rg.jpg)

B16KILLA
02-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Good to hear bro,i'm glad to see that you've come to your senses about the all mighty 3g,