PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio Stays on

LXi89
02-10-2006, 08:23 AM
ok after the post about the Memory problem i had i got it working again! (thank you who ever said fuse 11) but i put a new one in and it works great PROBLEM: when you dont have the keys in the ignition it still plays like the car is on till i take off the CD deck then it stops playing, the car only keeps that on. what the hell, why? and can someone tell me where my Thermostat is in my car?

3rdCoast
02-10-2006, 11:06 AM
did u put the aftermarket cd deck in? whoever did probably connected the red acc wire with the yellow constant power wire. the red wire is supposed to go to the ignition so the cd player turns off with the car. It really no big deal u just have to remember to turn ur radio off. If it bothers u that much search in the car audio section theres a factory radio wire diagram around somewhere that can tell u which wire to connect the red acc wire to. If whoever put in that cd player used a wiring harness then u just gotta match the colored wires together.......... hope this helps...

LXi89
02-10-2006, 01:52 PM
thanks 3rd yea the only ones that are touching for wires are the Batt and the blue wire (for amps and thigns like that) because i have a ECU wiring problem in my Deck so it doesnt get enough Power to work so i did that it works fine has for a long time but yea i was just wondering about that..

TheWatcher
02-10-2006, 08:05 PM
ok after the post about the Memory problem i had i got it working again! (thank you who ever said fuse 11) but i put a new one in and it works great PROBLEM: when you dont have the keys in the ignition it still plays like the car is on till i take off the CD deck then it stops playing, the car only keeps that on. what the hell, why? and can someone tell me where my Thermostat is in my car?

Take it back to the place that installed the HU and have them install it CORRECTLY this time.

If you installed the HU yourself, go back and buy the correct harness.

This all assumes you are talking about an aftermarket HU (you didn't mention it at all).

It's kinda a no brainer.

Peace.

mkymonkey
02-10-2006, 10:24 PM
how about this:

READ THE MANUAL.

gp02a0083
02-10-2006, 10:55 PM
if they didnt use a honda type harness its possable that ur ignition switch is going bad , usually that leaves ur blower motor and raido shut off but its a possabilitly

LiTtLe xOx BitT
02-11-2006, 06:36 AM
You might have you power hooked up to a constant instead of an accessory that only goes on when the ignition is turned.

buds302
02-11-2006, 08:58 AM
im not much on the audio for cars. all i know how to do is put a HU in thats it. but as for the other Ques...about the thermostat.. its on the left side of the intake. its actaully on the Head. but take your upper radiator hose. and follow it from the radiator until it stops. io got that right dont i? anyway when the hose ends... your thermostat is in there. remove the two bolts and it wil come right out. prpare to get coolant everywhere tho. and there is no such thing as a clean thermostat replacemnent. you always spill coolant everywhere!