PDA

View Full Version : b20a manual transmission gear set

kotseko
02-10-2006, 12:56 PM
newbie ? is it possible to swap gear sets in them with a longer gear for 4th and 5th for freeway driving? If so, what kind of gear set donor? did search too and came up with nothing. thanks

TWOLOUDNPROUD
02-11-2006, 08:35 AM
That is a Good Q i would like to know to.

snoopyloopy
02-11-2006, 10:23 PM
i heard the b16 lsd fits the b20a so maybe gears for the b16 could fit. but idk, i'm only speculating.

kotseko
02-14-2006, 08:52 AM
anyone else have an opinion on this?

carotman
02-14-2006, 09:39 PM
I compared the part numbers with other Honda transmissions and nothing matched the B20A whatsoever... (except some bearings)

This means the shafts could be compatible with other transmissions but I really don't know.

Someone will have to open one and compare what's inside.

kotseko
02-15-2006, 02:04 PM
just thoughts and theories....are automatic and manual tranny have the same gear set design? really know nothing about transmission in general. If they do, I wonder if they could be swappable to the manual gears? I saw it in one post that the 4th gear auto is longer than the 5th manual. Any of the b20a owners here have a spare auto tranny after getting a 5 speed? you guys should open it up and play with it a little.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
02-17-2006, 09:00 PM
The 99 civic Si lsd fits the B20a tray so just maybe the civic tray the gears will work to.

RobT5580
02-19-2006, 10:13 AM
I dont think the lsd would compare to the gears fitting and if i had to guess i would imagine gears from another will work with the luck iv had getting all the stuff i have in mine. I would start with an older integra trans perhaps a 1st or 2nd gen but i never ventured into that but i know what you mean about highway driving plus with my turbo the gears went extremely fast.

PhydeauX
02-19-2006, 07:52 PM
It would be interesting if the gears from a 1g teg worked since they are interchangeable with the 3g trans. If I were looking into this I'd start by compairing a b20a 3g lude trans. Too bad we can't get ahold of the part numbers and start compairing..

andy

carotman
02-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Too bad we can't get ahold of the part numbers and start compairing..
andy
Ok, I'll forgive you this time Andy :slap:

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43448

Just don't do it again :D

I made diagrams and posted every part number avaliable to everyone with their matching counterpart in the US if it's available with the part number directly at the counter.

Some part numbers do not match so I listed them as non-available. They might match with Acura parts or other Honda parts under a different number. This has been seen a number of times already