PDA

View Full Version : Front Passenger side Tie rod and question about these 17inch rims

89AccordLXI666
08-20-2002, 09:16 PM
:confused: ok So n e wayz about the tie rod... I noticed while working last Saturday with a fellow memeber on my car, he seemed 2 notice that the font passenger side tie rod was a lil loose... he knew by wiggling the brake disk when we rotated the tires.. he said i need a new tie rod, and I knew it after he showed me... I noticed a lil rattle or trembling when I hit the brakes when I'm trying to slow down from high speeds and it is the tie rod that needs 2 be replaced... Question is, are they cheap, how much ruffly is it gonna cost me if i do it myself.... I also have a question about these 17inch rims I am gonna buy soon from an employee that works with me... they look like the white ones u see on the banner of this site.... He doesnt have the lug nutts 4 them, but is it alright if I use the lug nutts from the stock rims to the aftermarket rims??? thanks... Lataz :bow: :help:

89AccordLXI666
08-20-2002, 09:18 PM
the rims are also universal as well thought I'd add that.. :-)

Jims 86LXI HB
08-20-2002, 11:11 PM
Hmm, I never priced tie rods so I can't comment on price. Most all aftermarket rims require "tunner" lug nut's. You can try and use your current lug nut's, but I bet they won't work or work very well.

ACCORD EX
08-21-2002, 02:15 AM
you mean they your steering shakes when you hit the brakes ! doesn't that happens when you have bad rotors ! :confused:

anyway the tie rod end are sold in pairs and they are cheap and so easy to replace ! just mark where the old one where bolted ( i mean how far bolted inside ) that way you won't mess with the alignment !

MIKE

AZmike
08-22-2002, 04:06 PM
I got lifetime warranted tie rod ends for about $15 each from Autozone when I swapped out my steering rack. Only one was bad though so I still have a good Honda rod end. Doesn't have any play. $10 with USPS shipping if you'd like it.

email me [email protected] if you're interested

Jims 86LXI HB
08-26-2002, 02:29 AM
$5 each is pretty cheap is ya ask me.

AZmike
08-26-2002, 11:48 PM
oops, sorry Jim. '$!5' was supposed to be '$15'. it's fixed now.

YK86
08-27-2002, 12:42 AM
Around here, the tie rod ends aren't sold in pairs. Each one costs roughly $20-$30. Moog makes greaseable ones which are nice. Make sure you compare the old and new one (when trying to align it) because each company makes them a little bit different. Just do one side, put everything back together, and take it for a drive. If the alignment is off, crank the wheel all the way to one side and you'll have enough room to reach and make adjustments.

SQ is the SQUAD
08-27-2002, 12:29 PM
i got a mogg tie rod end, the greesable one but my tie rod pole is bent, are they hard to take off? do anyone have an extra one they can send me?