PDA

View Full Version : Gauge confusion...

murphaccord88
02-14-2006, 06:02 AM
Do the Gauges off of Procarparts.com work for Automatics or for manual only?
They have gauges on Autodynamic.com that are for automatics. Any way that I can put them in?

Rendon LX-i
02-14-2006, 06:35 AM
They make em for both......i just modifiled a auto gauges on my 86 looks pretty good....easyer to get a manual if u have a manual

hondaaccord_86
02-14-2006, 11:22 AM
The 86-87 are different from the 88-89, the needles face outward or inward. On top of that, for autos, there a slot where when you shift to Drive to Park (etc.), for manuals, there is not.
Not sure if you installed them yet, but you'll have to pull the needle off in order to put the gauges over. When you put the gas needle back on, remember where the needle was before, i.e. 3/4 full. Start the car, and wait a minute. Then put the needle back at 3/4. Same goes with the temp needle. If you notice that the temp needle indicates the engine is really hot and it was not like this before, then pull it off and adjust it lower.

murphaccord88
02-15-2006, 06:49 AM
So it doesn;t really matter about the auto or manual then? because the shifting thing, doesnt really matter it it is there or not to me.

hondaaccord_86
02-15-2006, 12:38 PM
no it shouldnt make a difference. its just nice to see if youre in park or reverse! lol. good luck! anything, feel free to ask!