PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass: where?

POS carb
08-21-2002, 07:10 AM
I wanna try making a custom component enclosure in the rear and it looks like this would be a perfect time to learn to use fiberglass, only thing is I don't know where to get the materials I need. What do I do? :banghead:

89accordlxi
08-21-2002, 11:31 AM
I get my stuff from Wal-mart. Go to the automotive section where they sell spray paint and bondo and stuff for the car. The fiberglass resin comes in like a rectangular tin container. The hardener should come with it so don't buy it separately if you don't have to. I think Wal-mart sells it in two different size containers. You should also be able to find fiberglass mesh in the same area. Another place to get stuff is at Lowe's. Don't forget to buy a bag of disposable latex gloves and disposable brushes.

Hope this helps. Ask if you have anymore questions.

Peace..

pimp86LX
08-21-2002, 12:22 PM
i'm in the process of making a custom rack in the left plastic side pocket in the trunk, so far its going good, fibre will harden really really hard

86LX-ihatch
08-26-2002, 08:33 PM
Select Products, at www.selectproducts.com makes some trick fibreglass materials. Some of it is spendy but is much easier to work with and your finished product is much nicer.

POS carb
08-27-2002, 12:47 AM
cool thanks... I'll check that out!

sanjay
08-27-2002, 02:14 AM
damn I'd love a custom boot enclosure with nice fiberglassed areas....

89AccordNate
08-30-2002, 10:25 PM
POS carb, lets just say it isnt as easy as it looks. I did my little crx lip and it came out good, but it took me 6 hours. Its hard. Msg me on AIM and I will tell you all about it.

WebdesignF

Nate.