PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!! Locked Keys In Car!!!!

A18A
02-14-2006, 09:51 PM
well yeah, im a idiot, i locked my keys in the car and i gotta break in.. and all i needa know is how to break in. ive done it b4 with a coat hanger but it took so damn long, is there a quicker way of getting in?

Sabz5150
02-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Easy.

Unscrew the left (driver's) side license plate light. Reach up in there and grab the thick black cable, you'll know which one I am taking about. Give it a good yank, the trunk should pop. From there, lower the rear seat and climb in!

Edit, If your car is RHD, unscrew the right plate light.

Bglad420
02-14-2006, 10:53 PM
HAHAHAHA Ii've only locked mine in once so far, luckily I had a slim jim.....

A18A
02-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Easy.

Unscrew the left (driver's) side license plate light. Reach up in there and grab the thick black cable, you'll know which one I am taking about. Give it a good yank, the trunk should pop. From there, lower the rear seat and climb in!

Edit, If your car is RHD, unscrew the right plate light.

advantages of holding down seats :'( but thnks neways :) i did leave sum important things in the boot

adams86lxi
02-14-2006, 11:28 PM
just find someone else with a honda key like yours and wiggle that shit around in the key hole till it turns and opens. I do it with my friends cars all the time. The more worn out the key hole the easier too.

adams86lxi
02-14-2006, 11:28 PM
just find someone else with a honda key like yours and wiggle that shit around in the key hole till it turns and opens. I do it with my friends cars all the time. The more worn out the key hole the easier too.

A18A
02-14-2006, 11:37 PM
yeah, i tried my dads key it didnt work, and my otha 3g key was on the same keyring so i couldnt get at it. that reminds me of my auntys legacy, she just got it that day and decided 2 do sum shopping and she 4got were she parked her car and she saw a legacy and her keys unlcoked it lol, she thought it was her own car

Vanilla Sky
02-15-2006, 01:01 AM
yeah. that's how a "bumpkey" works. it wears the crap out of any lock and will let you turn the cyl with just about anything.

so far, i've not found a single 3gee i couldn't open with one of my 5 keys.

SiR
02-15-2006, 05:41 AM
Just curious, anyone know the true number of the amount of master set keys honda made for the 3rd gen. I know its much lower then now.

87accordlxi
02-15-2006, 06:03 AM
I've locked my keys in the car before, and it's embarassing how easy it is to get into these cars. And I was pissed that I paid 50 bucks for someone to do it when all I needed was a coathanger straightened out, with an inch-wide hook on the end.

3rdgenhatchDX
02-15-2006, 06:38 AM
Well i've only owned my car for almost a year, but anyway, i keep a spare key in my wallet which i have on me at all times, maybe you should invest in one of those magnetic, hideable key holders, you can get em at local hardware stores, i don't have one, just a recommendation, :) hope it doesn't happen again :):slap:

88Accord-DX
02-15-2006, 03:11 PM
I've you live in the U.S., you can go to you local honda dealer with your title, they will look up your VIN number, then cross reference the numbers. Then they will give you some numbers to take to a lock smith. The lock smith will look up the key pattern & make you a key.

Easy & less headache. Worked for me. :thumbup:

Deadhead
02-15-2006, 03:18 PM
or you could just break a window for fun and then take one out of your parts 3g :D

DOOOO ITTTT!!!

and take pictures.

A18A
02-16-2006, 01:59 AM
or you could just break a window for fun and then take one out of your parts 3g :D

DOOOO ITTTT!!!

and take pictures.

lol, id take a video, but i dont wanna lol, waste of window, and has eletrical things in the door, other car doesnt, and i dont wanna break the glass tryna take it out lol :P

and looking up the vin plate is kinda time wasiting, just break into ur hood simple:

all u need is a knife or flat head screw driver or just another key.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/Picture048.jpg
reach up thru ur bumper untill u can see your key or w/e thru ur grill, then just push it thru that lil gap and try push it to the left as far as posible and when it hits something push it (should feel a spring-like affect) and your hood will pop up :)

its a shame coz that is so damn easy 2 get in2
this is good if your stupid enough to lock your keys in your hood

Strahan
02-16-2006, 12:45 PM
One time I was locked out of my hatch and I popped a clip off the rear vent window and it opened just enough for my 110 lb girlfriend to wriggle in and unlock the doors :)

A20A1
02-16-2006, 01:01 PM
I just pull on the hood release cable in the fender well.

Also the trim on the window is easy to pop off giving a screw driver access to the lock mechanism

russiankid
02-16-2006, 01:13 PM
most people have 2 keys, they keep one in the house(spare key) and ther key they use everyday

1ajs
02-16-2006, 02:58 PM
the main key for are 3gee is from are old 2gee that died a horible death lol and the spare is the key that came with the car lol that sits in the change jar lol but ya so esay to get in are cars lol and its so esay to take the stering colem apart with out busting it and hot wiring it and puting it back together lol

SQ is the SQUAD
02-16-2006, 04:31 PM
i know your over seas but here in the states if you go to advance autoparts u can buy a slim jim for $8, eaSILY OPEN ANY POP UP LOCK

A18A
02-16-2006, 04:52 PM
yeah our cars must be a thieves dream 2 break into, i just dont know how they get off the ignition barrel, but im sure u just gotta turn the steering wheel hard enough to break it.

as for the spare key, i was supose 2 get it copied yesterday, i shoulda done it last week lol

StressSolutions
02-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Ha, with my power locks, I have to lock the drivers door with the key, or reach in from another door to push it down.