PDA

View Full Version : SE-i/LX-i part cars....

87accordHB
02-14-2006, 10:56 PM
I got at my fingertips a SE-I and LX-I, both autos, tranny bad in SE-I, engine bad in LX-i. Both are beat up really bad. SE-I is tore all the shreads, was used for a paper route for the local newspaper... anyways, guy wants $550-$650 for both, what to do?!?! my plan is to get the 2, use the SE-I for a conversion for rear disk brakes, interior, engine and so on into my LX-I i already own. Ive read up on a carb to FI conversion, but im looking fwd to getting my hands on the taillights, OEM SE-I rims, and ARMREST and center console. But with the leather torn to hell, i ask myself, should i invest $550-$650 into the 2 cars and own 4 that dont even run right? Id be stuck with a SE-I shell and 2 LXI bodies with bad engines! and then my current LX-I with a bad valve(the blue one). at least Id have 3 part cars huh? lol. Does anyone know if the SE-I engine will bolt with an 88 LX-I carbs 5sp tranny? If i got to swap out the flywheel, is okay, just worried about the bellhousing and electrical....

thegreatdane
02-15-2006, 10:33 AM
It's worth it to wait a little longer and find one in great condition that runs right. You'll be much happier that way, but I know it's hard if you cant wait.

w261w261
02-15-2006, 11:43 AM
deleted dup

w261w261
02-15-2006, 11:43 AM
I guess you've got a lot of time on your hands. If you're thinking of using cars as parts donors, you should make sure the parts you're looking for are in very good shape. In the Se-i, the armrest/console combo is worth something, but if the leather is bad on the top of the armrest you're looking at some additional work. It sounds like the leather interior is gone, so that's not worth anything. The rear brake setup certainly has value, but you should confirm that the calipers aren't frozen up, which can easily happen and not be noticeable. I've bought 3 Se-i wheels in almost new shape for about $40+15 each shipping on eBay, and that was for really nice ones. Tail lights if you're not in a hurry are $10-15 each, and that's for ones that don't have the water stains on the inside, which many do. In short, I don't think 600 bucks for a couple of semi-junkers is such a good deal.

AccordRacing21
02-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Tell the guy they are junk/beat up/don't run and you'll give him $200 for them. Or try to get one of them cheaper. I agree with w261, $600 doesn't seem like a good deal for 2 beat up/non operable cars to me.

87accordHB
02-15-2006, 12:06 PM
its not that I have alot of time on my hands, my saying is "Idol hands are the devils playground" so i tend to keep busy. The brakes arnt frozen up, the car has been sitting for about 1 yr, but been towed around a moved a bit. Im willing to rewrap the seats also but I do agree, $600 is a bit steep for 2 bad cars, the thing is that the tranny is good in the LXI and the trany is bad in the SE-I, easy swap and one works, but been to hell and back. I think im going to let this guy keep the cars longer till he is willing. He is friends of my gramps so i know i got time. lol. I just want that drivetrain and rear disk brakes and center console. ArGGGG

w261w261
02-15-2006, 01:39 PM
the stuff you're talking about wanting only has value to a 3G fan. Otherwise, they're just part of a crappy old car. 200 tops.

87accordHB
02-15-2006, 04:38 PM
thats why I want to, lol...i talked to the dude today and told him to keep em.

powderkey2
03-01-2006, 12:47 PM
hey...want to pass the name to me? I may be interested in the se-i. I'm in Nashville