PDA

View Full Version : home made intake for carb :)

A18A
02-15-2006, 12:24 AM
well i didnt do this to the good car because i was afraid of the results, but all i need is a rounder piece of metal and it would be quite good, but i will prolly need to give the car a 1 inch hood raise coz its squashing it a bit. the air filter came from our old 84 mitsi L300, i just cut it in quarter and cut a couple of pieces of metal and put it on, looks great too (i think it does anyway) i taken that filter from the black box 2 put over them other 2 hoses, but just dont know what to do with other hoses.
heres a pic:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/SayCheez361.jpg

oh yeah, i put that filter in my mouth and started breathing thru it and it was sooo fresh, i should buy one just for me :)

edit: sorry, supose 2 say air filter in title, i get them mixed up

mkymonkey
02-15-2006, 01:57 AM
what the hell is wrong with you? breathing through the filter? youre so weird dude.

anyway, at least you didnt put tape on there to hold everything together. looks good so far. just tape everything off, slap some metallic paint on the fucker and youre set. just dont go buck wild with the paint and start to spray everything you see int he engine bay. just do a lil at a time if youre going to try to do that. i think a nice coat of metallic red would look good on the top and bottom of that filter.

good luck.

A18A
02-15-2006, 02:25 AM
i just wanted 2 c if it really duz intake fresh air, honestly, not tryna b funny or nething but i couldnt seee no other way of doing it

A20A1
02-15-2006, 03:09 AM
Nice :)

Cheeseburger
02-15-2006, 08:32 AM
looks good young man lol....