PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying another 3g for the time being

FyreDaug
02-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Since my 3g's a little fucked up right now and its in the process of being sold I found another 87 2dr 5spd for sale. 1500 canadian. Talked with the guy for a couple mins and im gonna see it after work, this is what I got out of the guy.

Just spend 1300 over xmas repairing everything, its a 2 door hatch, 5 speed, has sunroof, 189km, says its mechanically sound and has no problems with me driving it after work..... SOOOO if I do end up buying it ill swap everything good off of the fucked up 3g, especially the full exhaust and the new interior pieces I have. What do you guys think? He said hes a little flexible on the price too, body is "decent" as he says, some rust in rear wheel wells.

Ill do a regular tune up if I buy it anyways

Lester Lugnut
02-15-2006, 11:54 AM
One would have to ask why someone would spend 1300 on something; then turn around and try to sell it for 1500 two months later?

Color me suspicious.

The reality is you are looking at a near 20 yr. old car and I don't care who did what to it, there could be 100's of other things that you'll end up having to fix.

It's always a gamble buying used, especially with a car this old.

FyreDaug
02-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Just took a look at it, hes selling it because he bought some 91 car. Everything works, not a boot torn. BRAND new clutch in dec 05, and its all good. Motor could use a bit of a tune up, air filter/fuel filter and plugs, but once it warmed up it ran good. 100% factory too

FyreDaug
02-15-2006, 04:34 PM
And I bought it, its really cold out here so I need some cardboard in the rad because it cools down too fast when its -25C. It hesitates a little with a decent amount of throttle with low rpms and the rear wiper blade only has about 25% travel, it doesnt go all the way down. Ive got 2 cars I can use for parts, except for the wiper blade motor which I should probably get from a wrecker.. All in all, paid 1300 for it. From 1500, so Ive got about 200 bucks to spend on parts. Ill get some pics as soon as I can, but I dont have a cam and mobilephonetools doesnt like my razr.

B16KILLA
02-15-2006, 05:57 PM
Sweet!New cars are always fun no matter what condition their in.

FyreDaug
02-16-2006, 05:12 AM
Yeah Ive gotta wait for the mr2 for a while, and im tired of driving the gf's crapalier. This will do me quite well. Now just to transfer parts in -25 when im sick... :\ eep