PDA

View Full Version : short shifter help

ridered9hbs
02-15-2006, 03:45 PM
hi. i have a problem installing my short shifter. i got the old shifter out and im looking to put the new shortshifter in, but there is a problem. how do i get all of the rubber fittings and such off my old shifter and onto my new shifter without breaking them? is there any tricks? will they just stretch? thanks

ridered9hbs
02-15-2006, 05:06 PM
http://www.slhondaparts.com/images/PCI/13SE00/011/3.jpg
also, does the top rubber piece (number 3) that is stamped onto the stock shifter come off, and is it just a dust shield or is it really needed

loko84hb
02-16-2006, 07:55 PM
i need a diagram like this for my 2g if anybody has tha repair manual it would be great...im havin a friend of mine machine me a new shifter..hope it fits! lol

buds302
02-16-2006, 10:09 PM
i believe you only need the top half of all that stuff. since the shifter driops in from the top. you dont need anything south of the shifter ball. number 3 does come off but i belive its a counterwieght. and number 8 does stretch. but i reccomend replacing it. cause once you stretch it you will feel play in the shifter when you put the new one in. you dont have to replace it but its a good idea. im not too sure if you need number 13 or number 10. i dont remember mine havin tose when i took it out.