PDA

View Full Version : PowerWindow Not working???

BigSackOfSht
08-21-2002, 11:36 AM
:stick: Ok Ive read all the post bout the windows. Still Got no where..

When I hit the switch the Regulator just Clicks..
I then tested the lines going in and coming out to the motor with a volts tester. its got power ....
Ive taken the door panel off and moved the window like 1/2 inch up and then greesed the track and gear... Still Nothing but Clicking noise Its done this once before but then started working after a day or so.. Buts its been bout a month and I cant figure it out... So im down to just Taking the whole motor out.. but By the way it looks and the limited access to it (two hand size holes) that looks like a hell of a job.

How hard is it to take the motor, bout but most important HOW hard is it to Get back in there and get it in Right??????

any tips or suggestions or sites that have the pics of someone doing it or ANYTHING WOULD HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks In advance........

:flash:

ACCORD EX
08-21-2002, 12:42 PM
make sure the ground has a good contact ! :)

MIKE

BigSackOfSht
08-21-2002, 02:18 PM
Thanks man Ill Try to see if The ground is the problem. Tell you what happens man...

OH yea And one more thank Dude your Site iS KICK ASS>>>>>>>>>>>>
Im now in the process of downloading the Manual. So i can got through the whole car and fix little things that are messed up. And hopefully if the ground wire isnt the thing Ill find out why with the help of that manual too.

Cant thank you enought for posting that man.. Ive have LOOKed everywhere for a manual and almost bought a 20$ book today that wasnt as indepth as this manual looks to be..

I BOW TO THE HONDA GOD!!!!:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

bigpoppa88
08-21-2002, 02:31 PM
did you try by-passing the switch and puttin power direct to the motor? I changed 2 windows & mottors in my sons accord, just a little time and patience. The mottor assembly will come out complete with the track & gears. You think there isn't enough room to get it out but there is. Loosen the 2 10mm bolts holding the window to the track it will allow you to slide the track offf the window (remember the window can drop at any time once you release it here). Then just take out the bolts holding the crank / motor in place.

Good luck.

inflikti0n
08-21-2002, 06:17 PM
maybe you need a new motor?

Stefi-blueLX
08-21-2002, 07:37 PM
Well I went to your site too! I must say I love that intro! Some very nice touches there!.....Sorry, I just had to tell ya...:D

A20A1
08-21-2002, 07:49 PM
actually if you loock on the inside of the power window motors you can see that the plates that the brushes are in contact with, are usually all blackened. If you clean them up with a fine sandpaper and reinstall the motor, things should be good since the connection is stronger.... so less resistance = more power to the motor.

88WhiteLX-i
08-21-2002, 08:44 PM
I believe there are 2 or 3 screws in the arm rest you have to take out, you may not see em at first, they are kinda towards the bottom, but they still are on the arm rest, if you look for them you should find them. Then there are two smaller screws near the top right hand corner of the door, just take those out. I might have missed something but if you examine the whole door you'll find all the screws. But after you get all the screws out pull the door from the bottom up and pop out all the plastic things that hold the door the the actual metal part. then you need to push the door up because the thing is clipped at the top. After you get that off you should be able to see the inside of the door. there might be some plastic shit that's there and you can just cut that shit off. But the actual motor has 4 bolts and there are 2 bolts to the left of the motor that hold this arm thing. But you can see all of these bolts from just looking at it. if you unscrew all the bolts, make sure you have a buddy that is holding the window, the motor will just drop. you can detach the window by undoing two bolts that it's held onto by the bracket. after detaching the window from the top bracket, push the bracket together and take it out through the bottom hole in the door. installation is reverse of taking it out, just make sure you line the window up in the sides. Just ask me again if you have any questions..

ACCORD EX
08-22-2002, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by BigSackOfSht
Thanks man Ill Try to see if The ground is the problem. Tell you what happens man...

OH yea And one more thank Dude your Site iS KICK ASS>>>>>>>>>>>>
Im now in the process of downloading the Manual. So i can got through the whole car and fix little things that are messed up. And hopefully if the ground wire isnt the thing Ill find out why with the help of that manual too.

Cant thank you enought for posting that man.. Ive have LOOKed everywhere for a manual and almost bought a 20$ book today that wasnt as indepth as this manual looks to be..

I BOW TO THE HONDA GOD!!!!:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

thanx a lot man ! but this manual is PAUL's ( aerodeck86 ) manual he photo shooted it so you should thank him

MIKE

BigSackOfSht
08-22-2002, 10:25 AM
Oh ok man well Tell Him thanks a bunch that manual Is LONG but worth ever byte...

ACCORD EX
08-22-2002, 12:08 PM
yeah there is a great section about body electrical which have all the trouble shooting of everythin power on our cars even the power windows ! :)

MIKE

BigSackOfSht
08-22-2002, 12:34 PM
:flash: yea i downloaded the whole thing :flash:
ALL 267.53 MBs Worth and burnt it on a cd after i went through and Fixed some of the pics in adobe.

:super:

88WhiteLX-i
08-23-2002, 09:18 PM
I had to completely rip out my power window on my drivers side because one of the damn bolts had loosened up and fell off. So this meant that the other bolts had way too much stress on them, and what happened was one of the bolts that was left had ripped the sheet metal on the inside of my door because it was not tightened properly, and then finally that bolt gave out and the power window motor dropped on the inside of the door. So I went to the junkyard and had to rip out the power window regulator and motor out of an 87 LX. THe bracket that held the window was too small because the LX was a sedan and I had a coupe so my windows were longer. So that meant I had to swap brackets. ::::::::HINT:::::::: A tip of advice, when you go to rebolt the power motor back on the door, put a rubber washer, or a propelyne washer in between the door and the bolt. THis will prevent what happened to me, the motor loosening up and ripping the metal, and you can get the motor and the bolts to fit much more snug and tight. Good luck with your project and PM or just reply to this thread if you have any questions!!!!