PDA

View Full Version : time for new exhaust

bigal004321
02-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Alright so i was on my way to my parents house because we had a wicked storm and there was a tree over my baby (supra) just hung up with another tree.. so on my way there it was wicked loud and on my way home i hit a bump and all of a sudden i heard metal dragging i was like oh shit.... i turn back and go home and look under the car and the pipe between the cat and muffler was gone! my muffler was hanging on by one little hanger... i found the peice in the road all fucked up looks like someone ran it over a couple times....

so now i have to go make me a new exhaust go to autozone get me a couple bends and some piping.....

How many 90 degree bends will i need?

im just doing from the cat to the muffler it has a brand new downpipe already..... but im broke at the moment so im going to make my own exhaust i can weld and have access to one so thats not a problem.

how long of a straight pipe will i need?

A20A1
02-17-2006, 04:35 PM
There was some pics on here of someone making a mandrel bent custom cat-back.

Search for " mandrel " & " magnoflow " ... cause I think he was using a magnaflow muffler.

bigal004321
02-17-2006, 04:36 PM
sweet thanks... i was looking at my old peice looked like two or three bends but im unsure since its all twisted around

alright from pics of other exhausts looks like i will need 2 90's and 2 45's this better not cost me more than 50 bucks.... i need to get new shocks and tires for this pos... though i cant say too much bad things she has 212k miles on her... she has done me good

bigal004321
02-19-2006, 07:39 PM
*update* bought one peice from autozone for 15 bucks and the other section was just 2 90 bends and a straight peice and they wanted 50 bucks for that... so i just bought some piping and it cost me 40 bucks total would have been cheaper but i got a gasket for my downpipe