PDA

View Full Version : Old/New guy says glad to be back!

alex87lxi
02-18-2006, 08:38 AM
It's been a long time since I posted on this site. As a matter of fact, I was a site member before the big re-organization back in 2000. I always enjoyed posting on here, met a lot of great people and traded parts with fellow Accord nuts all over the country. Like anything else, in the quest to explore new projects, my 87 Accord Lxi Hatch was relegated to being merely a commuter car, and I toyed with musclecars. In December of 2004, 2 days after I got back from serving 6 months in Iraq, I was driving the Accord when I was violently rear-ended at 55 mph by an uninsured (imagine that, an uninsured driver in Southern California!) driver. The Accord was totaled, of course. From the point of impact to the point where the car stopped I had travelled 185 feet. I was at a stop light and after the rear hit, I went under a brand-new Camry in front of me. The hit was so hard that it broke my seat track and somehow, the radio wound up in my lap. But as a true testament to the quality of a Honda, I walked away. My back was jacked up for about a month, but I have no lingering effects. I think the worst thing about the whole accident was that my own insurance company gave me shaft by olny declaring that the value of the Accord was $1495. I had recently put over $2800 in the car by doing a complete mechanical rebuild. The car ran and handled great, and even today, my 2002 Civic EX cannot even compare the fun and the driving experience that the Accord gave me. The car just felt right. I looked around for another one to replace it, but every one that I found was trashed. Hondas run forever, but you still need to do maintenance on them. All the ones I found had never been maintained in their life. My son is nearing driving age, and we are casually looking for an Accord. I wanted to get back into these cars again, and I figured that this site was the best place to do it. Over the years that I had my Accord, I collected a lot of extra parts. Just last week, I went through them and decided that I'm running out of room for other things and will post an ad in the next few days to see if you guys may be interested in them.
I just wanted to drop a line, :wave: say hello, and I'm excited to rejoin this cool website.

alex87lxi
02-18-2006, 08:55 AM
Sorry Guys, I realized that I posted this thread on the wrong site topic. I found the correct one (newbie introductions) and reposted. See, I AM a new guy................:slap:

Deadhead
02-18-2006, 08:59 AM
So uhm... did you just get a new user name or something?

If you posted before, why do you only have 2 posts and you joined this month :S

but welcome! hope you find another 3g!

Vanilla Sky
02-18-2006, 09:49 AM
because he's from before this board. if this was your old username, i believe i remember you from AF., or possibly farking around on the old sleazy board.

alex87lxi
02-18-2006, 09:50 AM
I was a member long time ago, and didn't post for years due to other interests, I tried to remember my user name and password, but being a member of about 7 other car-related websites and having over 10 user names and passwords for systems required to do my job, I couldn't even remember what my user name was. I just figured that it would be better to start over (and write it down my passwords this time). I now have a book that sits by my computer with all my user names, passwords and email addresses for just that purpose.