PDA

View Full Version : Different Power Mirrors?

lostforawhile
02-19-2006, 08:02 PM
does anyone know the difference between the different power mirrors honda used? almost all the ones I've seen had honda stamped on the back,the ones I found at the junkyard from an 89 lxi coupe have donnely stamped on them and don't say honda anywhere. they look too factory to be an aftemarket mirror,factory gaskets and interchanable mounting bases with the other mirrors,also a factory plug. maby they changed late in 89? they look much cleaner without all the stampings on the back,just the small script on the bottom,also just slightly different shaped.

Vanilla Sky
02-19-2006, 08:51 PM
probably aftermarket OE replica replacements.

2drSE-i
02-19-2006, 10:04 PM
ive never seen honda anywhere on my SE-i

you know what i just realized.......i think my car is a California SE-i....my grandma bought it in socal.....

HondaBoy
02-19-2006, 11:56 PM
i was thinking. mine say Honda on them, but the car came from japan and not the US. maybe that has something to do with it?

lostforawhile
02-20-2006, 03:31 AM
I would think aftermarket but the base that bolts to the car is exactly the same as factory,is interchangable, in other words,my car is japanese too and the original mirrors have honda and a bunch of stuff stamped on them. the mirror head couldn't have been swapped because the plug would have to have been cut off. out of ten other cars at the yard none of them have these mirrors. maby a jdm mirror got swapped accedentally or something? I'm not sure if they were all folding or not. I thougt maby a mirror destined for a european car or something.

Vanilla Sky
02-20-2006, 05:30 PM
i still think it's a crash replacement part.

lostforawhile
02-21-2006, 04:48 PM
maby,they look nice though,they don't have all the script stamped into the back of them,they look cleaner