PDA

View Full Version : Got the weber running, and can anyone host a video?

Doward
02-20-2006, 07:00 PM
For anyone not up on my story here... my wife ran our '88 Honda Accord A20A1 about 40 miles, 3 qts low on oil, and almost no coolant in it.

In my previous post, I posted the old head, and the crack in it.

I don't seem to be burning coolant anymore! Got rid of everything except the carb itself (weber) and adapted the intake, and got it running!

I need to host the video I made of what it's doing... I am POURING blue smoke out the tailpipe. I don't know how overheated, or how long she ran it, but I got a new head, resurfaced, valve job, new seals - I'm thinking a compression test is next :(

Doward
02-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Btw, I pulled the oil dipstick tube, and there is no noticeable blowby :(

Doward
02-20-2006, 08:37 PM
omfg... I pulled the dipstick tube again. 3 qts TOO MUCH oil. :rolleyes:

Deadhead
02-20-2006, 08:43 PM
ahahahahaha.... yeah, TAKE SOME OF THAT OIL OUT!!!

That would be why you are burning oil, you've got WAY too much oil pressure and it's blowing past the rings.

Now that you've gone and done that, keep an eye on your oil consumption as you may have blown some seals.

Definatly do a compression leakdown test. Figure out what the problem is, if any, and fix it.

Doward
02-21-2006, 03:00 PM
ahahahahaha.... yeah, TAKE SOME OF THAT OIL OUT!!!

That would be why you are burning oil, you've got WAY too much oil pressure and it's blowing past the rings.

Now that you've gone and done that, keep an eye on your oil consumption as you may have blown some seals.

Definatly do a compression leakdown test. Figure out what the problem is, if any, and fix it.

Ok, so changed the oil, now right in between the two rings. When I cranked it up, it started belching smoke again, then it cleared up. Now it's smoking lightly at idle, but getting on it, it starts again.

I'm thinking rings might be stuck? :( I think I'll do a compression test, then put some marvel mystery oil into each cylinder, and let it soak for a while.

:(

Also, where is the sensor that runs to the temp gauge? Gauge stopped working now, lol... betting I disconnected the sensor ;)