PDA

View Full Version : question about mods

riceBURNerLX-i
08-21-2002, 01:57 PM
I own a 1987 Honda Accord LX-i, and I am wanting to start modifying it soon, and I been lookin on nopi.com at parts, to start I am getting a Weapon R Intake, headers for sure, and a Cat-Back Exhaust System. My question is, are these the best things to start out with, and will anything else be needed for the things im going to get. Ive been reading around in the forums and seen other things i could do such as adding a Accel coil, Accel Performance injectors, and who knows what else i could do. Pretty much i just need some feedback on stuff i can do to my ride.

bobafett
08-21-2002, 02:43 PM
i wouldnt bother spending $$$$ on a weapon r intake for our cars. just follow the "make your own CAI" guide in the how to section. this intake will get you better performance, and will cost MUCH less! if your not the DIY type, just buy a short civic intake and chop a few inches off the end. other than that, you are on teh right track for mods... i would also suggest a high flow cat once you get intake headers and exhaust done! :) good luck.

riceBURNerLX-i
08-21-2002, 03:13 PM
Alright sounds like a better deal, and defintly alot cheaper, but will those same directions work in my car?

smufguy
08-21-2002, 03:51 PM
yes it would. and easy thing, get a U shaped tube from any hardware store like ACE and do ur own. what u can also do is two different intakes using the same one. U can use a cold air intake that goes inside ur bumper and the other, just the regular one u look at the pics. but to be honest, cold air intake which goes under ur bumper is the best. way way way best. but u need a filter shroud.

1988starter
08-22-2002, 11:19 AM
Here are some picts of 92 civic intake

www.geocities.com/geezpict/eng1

it is the second or third I think

riceBURNerLX-i
08-23-2002, 12:25 PM
Well i have already ordered the piece of tube from jcwhitney, waiting on that now. can someone tell me exactly where to get this intake filter that will fit this tube.

riceBURNerLX-i
08-23-2002, 05:38 PM
hmm welll, soon ill have the bent pipe, but have no clue where to find just a replacement filter to put on it.. Ive been looking and cant find one.. ide rather just get the aem filter so it will be a perfect fit, or even the k&n but its like trying to find a needle in a hay stack, please someone put me in the right direction..

riceBURNerLX-i
08-23-2002, 08:59 PM
Ok i really hope someone sees this cause i want to get my filter ordered soon would this work with the pipe from jc whitney?

Manufacturer: KN Filters
Part Number: KNN RD-0720
Description: 2-1/2"FLG, 3-1/2"OD, 6"H

i would really appreciate a answer, thanks!