PDA

View Full Version : Ok i know we've all seen them on Ebay

2drSE-i
02-23-2006, 08:46 PM
CM Lowering springs, supposedly 2.25". Well i did some investigatory work and this is what i found.

http://www.canuckmotorsports.com/images/products/blue/l05fm_lg.jpg

i then visited www.canuckmotorsports.com , said nothing about spring rates, but it does have some useful information about the quality of their work and their warranty information. So i sent them an email.

Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:25 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Question about spring rates.

I was browsing through your site, trying to locate any information on your
lowering springs made for the 86-89 Honda Accords, set number 11-2011, and
was wanting to know specific spring rates. As i couldn't locate any on your

website, I was wanting to know if you could share this information with
myself, as well as a community of people interested in these springs
(www.3geez.com). I believe that if you were to share this information, it
would greatly boost your sales.
Thanks in advanced, Adam

heres the response i got, actually very informative

Hi Adam thank you for the inquiry our springs are designed to be 10-15%
stronger then stock the actual rates on this set is 375 front and 240 rear
Thanks Wayne

ok his percentages are WAY off, when reading this i was like "HOLY FUCK THEY WORK WITH TOKICOS" and then i read the spring rate part and was like "oh....damn." Just thot id share this information, im sure mods could add this to the spring sticky.....if they wanted to ;)

Edit: i thot id do the work for them. After calculating these figures, i soon found out that these are the stiffest springs available. Other than coilovers, these are the best made.
Stock 0”
F: 1.0, 211 lb/in; R: 1.0, 117 lb/in
Canuck Motorsports 2.25"
F: 1.8, 375 lb/in; R: 2.1, 240 lb/in

2drSE-i
02-24-2006, 09:32 PM
bump...i thought someone would be interested in this information.

AccordEpicenter
02-25-2006, 03:40 PM
very interesting. Ive never heard of them though...

Oldblueaccord
02-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Good info really. I would trust there number on there springs.

I would not trust the numbers posted on our stock springs . I never had them tested ,plan too, but i dont think they are correct.

wp

ghettogeddy
02-26-2006, 10:57 AM
so thses are actually good springs

spnrx
02-26-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm curious, I'm gonna check em out but I was wondering if you guys could answer a question with like little to no n00b flames. I have never worked on suspension before and I just had a simple question.

I read the how to on Struts and sprins but the one thing I don't understand is in the how to he said you'll need a compressor for the springs is that true and does anyone know how much one costs?

3rdgenhatchDX
02-26-2006, 11:21 AM
well i've got jiggas used dropzones... the only thing thats gonna hold em up is the revalved bilstein's... is that the same w/these?

2drSE-i
02-26-2006, 03:34 PM
thats what it sounds like, seeing as how the spring rates are much higher than KYB's and tokicos can support.

Oldblueaccord
02-26-2006, 03:54 PM
so thses are actually good springs

well hard to tell really. could be cheap chinese knock offs that will sag in a year or Eibachs that got wholesaled out.

wp

2drSE-i
02-26-2006, 04:03 PM
i would assume that they wouldnt give a lifetime guaruntee on them if they expected them to suck ass and have to replace them every year. They seem to be quality springs, i just cant afford them at the moment, not to mention the struts to support them.

ghettogeddy
02-26-2006, 04:05 PM
whats the worst that could happen if u dont change the struts

i mean is it dueable without the struts or is it not

2drSE-i
02-28-2006, 09:34 AM
it is, it will just cause insanely quick wear on the struts, and the ride will be incredibly bouncy because the shocks dont have enough damping power to control the springs.