PDA

View Full Version : Motor time???

3gn86lxi
02-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Well, since I installed my cam my motor has started to smoke a little. Could be just simple valve seat, I am going to adjust the valves again to see wha thappens.
But with 250,000 and shifting at 6500rpm's alot, I think it is time for a motor. So anyway, I think I have a engine lined up, thanks Mike, but I wnt to build it. What is available for pistons? I would like to go .30 over, if not .40 over. Port and polish head, ect. It will be N/A, not going to mess with turbo, too much $$$$$$.
Help me out guys, whats out there??? Links for parts?
Thanks

gfrg88
02-23-2006, 11:22 PM
umm search :D

mkymonkey
02-23-2006, 11:45 PM
thats fucked up. lol

i would help you out but i, myself am trying to collect info on a rebuild. i have been reading the build threads and seems like you might get your answers there. lol

gfrg88
02-23-2006, 11:56 PM
im just messin with him ;)

3gn86lxi
02-24-2006, 07:54 AM
No, I know. I have searched and just hane not found much specific info. I will search more of course, but I just wanted to get input from guys that are building, and have built their motors.
Just beginning my search.:)

2drSE-i
02-24-2006, 09:30 AM
honestly, i think its time for people to start making some new how to's and sticky threads. i think some of the info is sorta vague, im not bitchin, but i think a lot fewer people would post threads about the same questions.

3gn86lxi
02-24-2006, 12:36 PM
As I said, very generic info.
Needs to be stickied with brands of pistons, bearings, ect.
I have searched..............

88Accord-DX
02-24-2006, 07:54 PM
If you want to know where a cheap rebuilt kit is, I paid about $306 after shipping. Here is a link to where I got mine. You can order .020, & .040 oversized rings & pistons. If you buy everything seperate, the cost would be close if not more. The Diamond forged pistons will run you some cash. The aftermarket is slowly disappearing.

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/topekits-honda2.html

3gn86lxi
02-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Want to know about the eBay cheapies?

They're usually manufactured by Nippon & Toto.

NPR/Nippon makes a ton of OEM piston rings for just about every car company in the world. Literally. I don't know about their pistons one bit. I know they have a racing division that also makes parts as well.
So I guess they'd be a little better then OEM spec.

Now Toto I don't really know about. Their replacement pistons and rings look pretty... cheap. Especially if they're being sold for $10 a set on eBay!
I'd much rather make my own pistons out of soup cans then use them.

Topline rebuild kits are beyond great for the money. If you want to rebuild an engine back to OEM spec, that's the way to go. It will take the same abuse it's been through since it came off the production line. Most likely all the abuse you gave it. ;)

Anyways. That's a good start for yah.
Finally!!! Yeah, I am just beginning to research and locate stuff. I definately will not be running stock oem specs, I would like to do a similar build as you Chris.
But THANKS for some actual good info............not, "go search"

gfrg88
02-24-2006, 08:51 PM
yeah i think someone needs to post link up to all of the parts that are actually available, i want to rebuild mine too but im still trying to figure out exactly what works, seems like people just post up what they think, but havent really tried.....

oh and btw i was just messin around with about you searchin ryan cause i have the same questions as you....

3gn86lxi
02-24-2006, 09:56 PM
oh and btw i was just messin around with about you searchin ryan cause i have the same questions as you....
I know bro. :) I agree too, someone...ahhhhhhh, maybe a mod........should try to accumulate info and sticky a "performance" rebuild thread.

88Accord-DX
02-24-2006, 10:06 PM
i want to rebuild mine too but im still trying to figure out exactly what works, seems like people just post up what they think, but havent really tried...
I have rebuilt mine, I'll let you guys know how the Top-Line kit works.

AccordRacing21
02-24-2006, 11:41 PM
I agree with you guys too. I spent a few hours the other day looking for info on forged pistons and the rest of the stuff to rebuild it to handle boost, but I never really found anything. A sticky would be great.

PS: GO SEARCH!! Sorry, I had to.

87preludeA20A3
02-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Preludepower.com has lots of info... I don't know if it is the same as 3geez though... so maybe pass by there and search... just an idea.

rustlude87
02-26-2006, 04:15 PM
what can I say you guys are amazing with information