PDA

View Full Version : Best struts for solid ride?

maxsideburn
02-25-2006, 01:49 PM
What do you all suggest for some new struts so that I can give my car the stiffest and most sure-footed feel?

87AccordLXsdn
02-25-2006, 03:19 PM
tokicos usually seem to be a good choice, thats what i have with coilovers and they get the job done

keruhas184
02-25-2006, 03:43 PM
:uh: Read the stickies people.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11093

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48187

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48186

maxsideburn
02-25-2006, 04:16 PM
hmm, where do you guys order tokicos? Neither autozone nor advance auto parts has them.

Vanilla Sky
02-25-2006, 05:45 PM
that's because parts stores suck when it comes to performance parts.

either go to a speed shop, or order them online. there are like 257 stickies in this section telling you where to buy them. if you can't find what you want there, there's always our handy-dandy search tool.

2drSE-i
02-25-2006, 10:03 PM
ive tried referring him to the search tool, and stickies, but he keeps posting threads. tokicos easily found on ebay, roughly 209 for a set of 4. only problem is there are no springs available that the tokicos can actually handle, other than stock. The only struts actually capable of handling any performance coilover/spring setup you can find is the revalved bilsteins, which are roughly 700 bucks for a set. when in doubt, read the top of the sub-forum section. there might be a sticky on it. in this case there are two.

ivanfbi
03-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Konis for the win

2drSE-i
03-01-2006, 05:44 AM
unfortunately konis are impossible to locate.

89AccordResto
03-01-2006, 05:49 AM
Does anybody make stock springs? When I redo my suspension this summer I'd like to replace the springs with some that aren't 20 years old (almost), but I don't need to lower it or anything.

AZmike
03-01-2006, 10:19 AM
What is wrong with your springs? Unless they have sagged enough that you don't have enough ground clearance (unlikely) or they're corroded I wouldn't bother.

89AccordResto
03-01-2006, 10:44 AM
My sister's 93 accord had both front springs fail on seperate occasions because of how corroded they were. My car's an 89... I dunno, if I'm going to put in new struts, strut mounts, and suspension bushings, I just kinda want new springs too. I guess it could be a TAD lower, maybe 1" at most. But nothing noticeable.

A20A1
03-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Does anybody make stock springs? When I redo my suspension this summer I'd like to replace the springs with some that aren't 20 years old (almost), but I don't need to lower it or anything.

I tried buying stock springs, but they were different then the ones I had, but then I had cut the original springs but only 3 coils... even with that taken into account they seemed taller. Now I did manage to get either the front or rear on, I forget. I was having trouble compressing one of the springs because the conpressor didn't fit between the coild. Anyways when I finally got it on my car was so high off the ground it wasn't funny. All my weight reduction could have had an effect but these were brand new springs... and I didn't like my tires looking like this \- -/ so I removed them. I did like the stiffness. I was going to cut the springs and use them on my Max-Speed coil perches instead of using the Max-Speed Coils.

ivanfbi
03-01-2006, 10:32 PM
why not buy soft lowering springs, like HR? they are not THAT expensive