PDA

View Full Version : Listen to this !! mite be in deep sheeet

whiteboy
08-21-2002, 04:13 PM
ok ok
so i buy this accord off ebay, fukinebay, i get it. Title and auction say its an 89, but he has all 87 parts on it.......doors, lights, and the kit receipt says 86-87 accord. He says he jstu put all those parts on there. So theres no VIN # in the window on the dashboard, and the one on the engine bay was all purposely covered in black gooey shit. So i scrape it all off, and 2 of the numbers in the VIN # 1HGCA5647KA093048 appear to have been scraped in, liek they dotn look liek normal numbers, the nine and the eight appear odd, non factory looking. IS the vin # in the engine upposed to be on a plate, or jsut scraped into the metal of the frame ?
Does ANYONE have carfax and can run that VIN # for liek free ? i tried takin pics of the VIN # but cant get any of them to coem out clean. The stem of the #9 looks liek the stem of a #7, crooekd like that, but that top is some bootleg circle.
If he removed the VIN # from the dashboard, what is the fien for that and can he get arrested even if he sol dit to me from SC ?

ANY, ANY help on this would be appreciated, i dont know waht to do about the car and am afraid to register it in case they wanna liek take it, or arrest me or somethin. thanks guys

Jordan
Figaro4038
AIM-Whiteboyinjersey :banghead:

87Hybrid
08-21-2002, 06:46 PM
Take the car to your local state patrol office with all teh paperwork that the seller gave you and they will tell you if it is stolen or not.

SQ is the SQUAD
08-21-2002, 07:10 PM
yup.. you best bet is to bring the car, papers and a print out of the ebay page to the police so that you dont get into any trouble and let them handle it from there

Jims 86LXI HB
08-21-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by 87Hybrid
Take the car to your local state patrol office with all teh paperwork that the seller gave you and they will tell you if it is stolen or not.

:omg: Absolutely strait up correct!!! Do what he says:wave:

Jareds 89 LX-i
08-21-2002, 10:38 PM
Well the free Carfax lemon check shows it as being a 1989 Honda Accord LXi sedan (with the first VIN you provided, no alternations) I tried putting a "7" in the "9" spot, and it was an invalid VIN. So it sounds like that's the right one. Under the hood it is just scraped into the metal, but there's also a plate inside the drivers door (not on the door itself, on the bottom sill thingy behind the door towards the back, almost by the rear door). That also has the VIN engraved on it.

I'd still do what they mentioned above though. Something sounds fishy there.

POS carb
08-22-2002, 10:56 AM
take it to the po's

Vanilla Sky
08-22-2002, 11:08 AM
the popo's, the DMV or the tag office... any of them should be able to tell you if it's good...

on another note, if it was stolen, you will probably get your money baci in a few months, maybe a possible reward... but if it is stolen, they will take the car then and there, so go with a friend tagging along

Derick

NewAKI
08-22-2002, 11:59 AM
***** CARFAX REPORT *******
VIN: 1HGCA5647KA093048
Year/Make/Model: 1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI

Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
Engine: 2.0L L4 FI
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
Carburetion: FUEL INJECTED
Cylinders: 4
Manufactured in: UNITED STATES

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results confirm this 1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI (1HGCA5647KA093048) qualifies for the CARFAX FREE $5,000 Clean Title History Guarantee.

CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history to determine if any title documents were designated or marked with the following problems:

Problem Titles Checked: Results:
Salvage/Junk Checked - No Salvage/Junk Title Found
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Checked - No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Found
Flood Damage Checked - No Flood Damage Title Found
Damage Disclosure Checked - No Damage Disclosure Found
Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) Checked - No Manufacturer Buyback Found
Exceeds Mechanical Limits (EML) Checked - No EML Found
Not Actual Mileage (NAM) Checked - No NAM Found

NOTE: Click here for a complete CARFAX Glossary.

Date Reported: Odometer Reading:
09/10/1989 34

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06/20/1995 43,441

Problems Checked: Results:
Accident Checked - No Accident Record Found
Salvage Auction Checked - No Salvage Auction Record Found
Failed Emissions Inspection Checked - No Failed Emissions Record Found
Fire Damage Checked - No Fire Damage Record Found
Crash Test Vehicle Checked - No Crash Test Vehicle Record Found
Grey Market Vehicle Checked - No Grey Market Vehicle Record Found

DATE
REPORTED ODOMETER
READING INFORMATION
SOURCE GENERAL
COMMENTS
09/10/1989 34 New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Lawrence, NY
Title issued
First lien reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06/20/1995 43,441 Inspection Co.
New York
Vehicle Inspected
Anti-theft device present
at the time of inspection

06/23/1997 South Carolina
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Elloree, SC
Registration issued

09/07/1999 South Carolina
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Sumter, SC
Registration issued

12/31/1999 South Carolina
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Sumter, SC
Title #031482522
Registration issued
Vehicle listed as recovered theft

12/27/2001 South Carolina
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Sumter, SC
Title #031482522
Registration issued

01/24/2002 South Carolina
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Sumter, SC
Title #040534523
Registration issued

04/18/2002 South Carolina
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Sumter, SC
Registration issued

05/06/2002 South Carolina
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Sumter, SC
Registration issued

06/14/2002 South Carolina
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Sumter, SC
Duplicate title issued

NewAKI
08-22-2002, 12:01 PM
it looks like it was "Stolen" 4 times!

POS carb
08-22-2002, 02:21 PM
that car is shady as fuck, that VIN is probably fake. Compare it to the one in the door jamb as an added precaution but I'd take it to the cops and/or DMV anyways.

Mike's89AccordLX
08-22-2002, 02:33 PM
wow stolen 4 times, man i didn't know that people would actually steal our cars. That makes me feel much better about my car. Someone might want to steal it. Luckly I have an alarm system.

POS carb
08-22-2002, 03:29 PM
the 3rd gen accord was the most stolen vehicle in Alaska last year. :lol

whiteboy
08-22-2002, 07:12 PM
holy shit.........i jsut registered the car today and turned in the title, ummm i cant find the vin on the doorjamb, anyone got a pic ?? the onyl one i have is on the engine bay, the one on the dash is missing, any clue on waht to do ? thanks

Jordan

whiteboy
08-22-2002, 07:31 PM
phuck this focher, he took the vin # off the door jam, i jstu went outside wit a flashlight, all around both driver side doorjams is nuttin but paint, the paint code #, nd the white paper with the weight and tire pressure on it, then theres 2 screw holes at the bottm backside of the door frame.......god damnit, cop station tomorrow i guess ? o and thanks for lookin that up for me guys.

Jordan

NewAKI
08-23-2002, 05:06 AM
diffenitally cops..... sumthin is really fishy bout that

markmdz89hatch
08-23-2002, 05:28 AM
yeah, i agree with everyone else on that one. Go straight to the popo's. Anyway, could you find out what the law is about the vin on the dash. I ask only b/c my car was stolen too, and when I got it back i had to replace the dash with another from the j/y, so needless to say, it's got the wrong vin on it. Should I take it off, leave it on as not matching any other vins on the car. Should I take it to honda to have them change it? What?

Anyways, sorry to let you, but if someone wants your car bad enough, alarm or not, they're getting it. I had over $500 just in the alarm, and they got it like nothin'.

anyway, yeah, popo to go. Get your ass down there b4 you get pulled over, and have to explain that to the popo's. Find this guy that sold you the car, and get your $$ back. Get the law involved if you have to. Good luck man, and PS, don't worry about the CT meet, there'll always be another as long as there's a 3G on the road.

SQ is the SQUAD
08-23-2002, 09:26 AM
the thing is, if the car is a recovered theft then the covering up or removal of the vin numbers may be from when it was stolen before. some crroks steal cars a change the numbers so the car there are using wont lok stolen, that may actually be an 89 accord, but, u may never know, see if you can get the numbers on the engine ran

Coroncho80
08-23-2002, 04:36 PM
Yo, I would never buy a car off of Ebay, but now that i hear all this $hit........... I WOULD NEVER BUY A CAR OFF OF EBAY!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I feel so sorry for what you're going through. It looks like a scene from a movie. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you get the car for? if you dont wanna tell me thats fine. And to the guy that says that he feels safe because he's got a alarm, that's just to buy you time to get there, because if they really want to take the car, they'll take it no matter what; specially if you're parking on the streets. And again whiteboy sorry man!

NewAKI
08-23-2002, 11:42 PM
well if u reread the post i made with the carfax, it says it has a anti-thef deviece in it.... so i mean if u really think bout it (what coroncho80 says) if they want it the will get it...

2Fast_Fiero
08-24-2002, 12:04 AM
I realy need a CarFax done on my car, anyone willing to help? BTW, thats shitty as hell man, If I were you, I would track the guy down that sold you the car without him knowing and go to the closest Pig Farm you can find with the car and all the info and start asking questions, I wouldn't hesitate for a second on that.

NewAKI
08-24-2002, 06:23 PM
whats the vin?

PogiLXI
10-13-2003, 06:03 AM
What May have happned Its a Theft Recovery, so When They got it back, alot of things where probly stolen. So they had to replace it with 87 parts. The car from the manufacture is probly indeed a 89, now With the dash vin missing the Dash was probly stolen, along with doors( no vins in the dash ) and the motor was stolen( funky vin on that) so When he got it back insted of going thru all the hassle of getting all the origonal vins, or new vins onto the car. he just changed the engine to look like the Origonal vin.

k-roy
10-13-2003, 06:51 AM
That is messed up. Our cars are way to easy to steal. Why steal one? Probably the same reason you own one. Its reliable, excelent gas mileage, will blend into traffic well etc....
I read insurance reports and the late 80 Accords were verry popular to car theifs for about a decade.

----EDIT----
I almost posted a howto on stealing a 3g. that would be bad.
----EDIT----

NXRacer
10-13-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by NewAKI
whats the vin?

:rolleyes: VIN = Vehicle Identification Number

87AccordsterLx
10-13-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by NXRacer
:rolleyes: VIN = Vehicle Identification Number

He was asking for the VIN # so he could search it. Im pretty sure he knows what "VIN" stands for.... :)

HostileJava
10-13-2003, 01:11 PM
Id anyone else notice this thread is over a year old? Put it to rest.

87AccordsterLx
10-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by HostileJava
Id anyone else notice this thread is over a year old? Put it to rest.

:werd:

Coitis1
10-13-2003, 05:52 PM
I wonder how this turned out. I haven't seen whiteboy on here since this post.

3G Jester
10-13-2003, 06:13 PM
cops threw his ass in jail for stealing the car! :lol

erics86dx
10-16-2003, 08:44 AM
I also need a carfax report done on my car, please hepl if you can