PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a "how to" on removing a dash?

myaccord7
02-26-2006, 05:49 PM
I’m going to need to take out my dash soon, so I figured I should find out how to do it first. I did a search but didn’t find much. Does anyone have a diagram of any pictures to help?

Zach

lostforawhile
02-26-2006, 05:57 PM
the haynes book is pretty good on illastrations on that,what exactly do you need to know,there are a lot of people on here who have done it,including myself. you said you have an lx,do you have the two sliders for your heat controls?

Deadhead
02-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Pull really really hard.

Hash_man_Se_i
02-26-2006, 07:38 PM
^^ haha man, pulling the dash is a pain in the ass... PM me if you have any questions, if you have msn, I can help walk you through it.

The haynes manual has good diagrams for where the bolts are, but its still a pain in the ass.

myaccord7
02-26-2006, 10:07 PM
yeah i have the two slider controls, how do i get those off? and where are the main bolts that hold the whole thing in? i know there are one on each side but where else?

zach

b8er
02-27-2006, 06:04 AM
i belive theres also a bolt behind the clock

spnrx
02-27-2006, 06:13 AM
I really wanna know how to do this myself cause My dash has chuncks taken out of it from the previous owner. I need to chang alot of stuff on this car. But I have time and paitence.

3rdgenhatchDX
02-27-2006, 06:17 AM
Yeah, me too, cuz my glove compartment was hanging when i bought the car, and i just took it out, for passenger leg room, and when i got to looking under there, the dash is all one piece.... WHY!?!?!?! :rant:

spnrx
02-27-2006, 06:42 AM
The all knowing being that created who evolved us....thought it was funny to see his lil buddies curse and kick their lil michines. *shrug*

3rdgenhatchDX
02-27-2006, 07:09 AM
:wtf: i just want a dash that is removable in pieces not as a whole, i was looking into that one dash, by vibrant, its "universal" but we all know what that means...
http://vibrantperformance.com/products/catalog05/pg54.pdf
http://vibrantperformance.com/featurevehicule/images/6_3x.jpg
Doesn't look too bad and the armrest could be a bonus :D

smufguy
02-27-2006, 07:45 AM
i have a pretty simple How-to on my site. http://accordproject.com/eficonversion.htm
go to the Interior Section (scroll down) and go to the section for the Dash.

TheWatcher
02-27-2006, 02:33 PM
SEARCH. There's a couple threads on removing the dash.

Also, Paul's website has the shop manual in pdf, just download and print out the pages you need before starting.

You just need to remove:

a few bolts, the upper part of the dash, the steering wheel, some switches, the cables at the firewall, the speedometer cable, etc. and you're done.

Peace.

TheWatcher
02-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Pull really really hard.
:lol:

Peace.

lostforawhile
02-27-2006, 04:10 PM
whatever you do,don't try to remove the center vents(like I did),they come out with the dash,if you try to remove them they break into little pieces (like mine did),then you will have to go to the junkyard and pull a dash (like I did) to get a new center vent section :chainsaw:

spnrx
02-27-2006, 07:52 PM
whatever you do,don't try to remove the center vents(like I did),they come out with the dash,if you try to remove them they break into little pieces (like mine did),then you will have to go to the junkyard and pull a dash (like I did) to get a new center vent section :chainsaw:
ROFLMFAO! But you live you learn. I would have done that and been mad so thanks for the heads up.

Later,
Spnr X

myaccord7
02-27-2006, 09:52 PM
s for the help. looks like a lot of people wanted to know how to do this, i think we should have a HOW TO in the How To section.

zach